CHAPTER 22: Failure (Bakugo vs Kaminari 2)

Start from the beginning

Until...the pressure on Bakugo's back lightened, and there was utter silence.

Wait, what?

He looked up. There was no longer a foot stepping on his back. And there was no longer a Kaminari trying to kill him. 

The blond was left in the dark alley...alone.

The villain had...disappeared.

"Oi, oi..." he tilted his head to investigate the area...but was unable to find anyone around. As if nothing had happened just then. Bakugo bit his tongue furiously. 

"What...WHAT THE FUCK, SPARKY?" he yelled, "You're gonna leave like that?! You're more of a coward than I thought! I'm not done with you, yet, you bastard, get back her—" he was hit with a pang of dizziness, and his eyes slipped into unconscious.

...........................................

"Kurogiri, what the fuck?"

Right before I could pierce through Katsuki's neck, I was sent back to the hideout in an instant. I was in the basement, I knew, with Shigaraki and Kurogiri, who were probably watching my current state with disgust right now. 

"Send me back!" I exclaimed, "I have to kill someone."

"No, Denki," said Kurogiri, "You have lost control and your eyesight at once. You've gone far enough."

"Far enough?! I haven't even killed him!" I exclaimed. Then, I crossed my arms, "Oh wait, I know what this is. You're scared because the last time you tried to kidnap Katsuki, you got your butts kicked by All Might. Mm, I smell cowards in the air." I pretended to sniff.

"Why, you—" Shigaraki stepped forward, but I raised my hand as a warning.

"Tomura-kun...my quirk is still in activation, so if you want to die, I suggest saving it for when I use it a little longer, kay?" I said playfully. I smiled as I heard Shigaraki retrace his steps. I couldn't see if he was glaring at me or not, but I felt a cold aura travel down my back.

Calmly, I ripped a strip of fabric from my sleeve, and tied it around my eyes, using it as a temporary blindfold. 

Kurogiri sighed in frustration.

"This is the problem: Bakugo Katsuki knows about your quirk now," he said, "If you were to go any further, he could have learned much, much more."

"I was literally about to kill him, how could he have learned more?" I asked.

Kurogiri stared at him.

"Denki Kaminari...were you seriously wishing to end that boy?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"You had so many opportunities throughout that whole fight—"

"I wanted to tease him, that's why."

Kurogiri shook his head.

"That's not it." he stated, "No. I sensed hesitation in your actions, Kaminari. Do you mean to tell me that you are still hung up on memories from your past? I was told that you had already deleted those memories."

"I..." I gulped, "I did."

Shigaraki scoffed and threw a knife at me, which I dodged, and let it hit the wall behind me. I may have been unable to see, but I've had training that involved hearing.

"Forget it, Kurogiri, this guy's totally lying," he said while glaring, "He was never devoted to us in the first place."

"I am devoted, Crusty!" I snapped, "I've worked with you guys ever since I was a child, and you don't trust me? You know, Dabi is—"

"Your actions have had more reluctance ever since you left U.A. Academy," Kurogiri said, "You've changed, Kaminari Denki, and I have much reason to believe that something happened in U.A., and you were naively influenced by it." Then, I heard Kurogiri stand up and go up the stairs. Shigaraki follow suite, mumbling incomprehensible curse words.

Kurogiri added:

"If you wish to prove that I am wrong, then you know what you must do. Fulfill the mission you were assigned last year," he said. Then, he left, quietly closing the door behind him.

Time stood as still as I. The dark atmosphere in the room appeared miserable, like it was searching for answers through an endless cycle. I grinded my teeth together.

I never, ever fail a mission. Ever.

And I almost never overuse my quirk like that. 

So why?

Why did I fail?

"Bakugo...Katsuki..." I muttered. I've memorized his face. How dare he humiliate me on the first mission of my day? How dare he mock my actions, take away my sight, and make lose control like that? He's not even close to my level.

God, I wanted to murder that obnoxious brat. I wanted to lock him up in this basement and tear him apart. I wanted to electrocute him until his bones melt.

So why didn't I do that?

I banged a fist against the wall, listening to the dry cement crumble down to the floor. Wet tears started rolling down my eyes as I cursed to myself like a million times.

"Shit...shit...stupid..." I sobbed as I bit my lip, "I couldn't bring myself...I couldn't kill him...I...Fuck..."

...................................................................

Hey, I'm alive. I swear. I managed to make another chapter! 

Today was the last day of exams and I'm soooo happy!!!! I'm finally free for like, 3 days, and then it's back to work again....:(((( (Oh well, I'll enjoy the break while I have it.)

I'm surprised I haven't lost inspiration for this story yet. I've been enjoying working on it a lot! (I even wrote the ending scenes already LMAO). Hopefully the plot doesn't get any more messy than it already is. 

Fun Fact ABTS: Kaminari almost never overuses his quirk during missions, since 6 million volts is usually all that he needs to accomplish anything. That's why when Bakugo was able to mess with his feelings and go insane, he felt a whole new type of shock and anger. 

Kk, see ya later!