Chapter Thirty Eight

Emily's POV

Being back to the same horrific place was a nightmare but this time it was different. This time Zayn was beside me and he make me feel safe. Whether I admit it or not but I've fallen madly for him and once I'm fallen there's no turning back. I've torn open and placed my tender heart in his palm. Now its upto him if he'll take care of it or break it. After revealing about my dark life I closed my eyes, afraid of his reaction. Honestly I expected him to leave me but to my surprise I felt two strong arms wrapping me in an embrace. I broke down, finally letting go in form of tears, everything that has been building up inside of me for years.

"Lets get out of here." He said and wiped off the tear stains that left a trail on my cheeks. Taking my hand in his, he helped me get up from the tiny bed. I followed him out of the room to downstairs. Before leaving I took a final look of my mom who was soundly sleeping unknown of my presence. No matter what she'll always be my angel my beautiful angel though a broken one now. I cannot blame her for everything. Yes Iexpected alot from my mom. Like any other kid I too wanted my mom to give me all the love and care that others recieved but I guess that was not meant for me. But she still tried to do whatever she could. Atleast she didn't abandon me. How can I hate her when she's all broken inside. She needs me, I know that. And I promise mom I'll take you out of here one day whether you agree or not.

*********

While Zayn drove us back from that place I felt immensely peaceful. It felt like a huge burden has been lifted off my chest and I can finally breathe freely. I glanced at Zayn's face. His eyes were glued on the road, driving carefully. I couldn't help but smile while looking at his sexy face.

"What?", he suddenly turned his face toward me and startled me.

"Nothing.", I said. He didn't reply but gave a weak smile and turned his attention back on the road. Streaks of worries were visible on his face. Well what else do one expect when a big fucked up troubled mess is beside him? My smile slowly faded away.

On reaching his place he carefully parked the car and rushed towards my side to open the car door but I was already out of the car by then. He grasped my hand and intwined our fingers making me blush as we walked toward the front door of the house. Liam and Sophia were sitting on the couch adn seemed to be lost in deep conversation. As soon as we walked in their heads turned towards us and then their eyes fell on our hands that were still fitted with each other. Both shot a smile at us and Liam gave a thumbs up. Sophia got up from the couch and leaped toward me with her arm wide open. I left Zayn's hand to welcome Sophia's hug.

"I'm so happy for you both." She whispered in my ear. From the corner of my eyes I saw Zayn high-fiving Liam. " I'm glad you listened to me finally. Thank God you resolved your tensions." Liam smirked.

"Whats going on here? Why sudden show of affection?", Suddenly Niall appeared from the kitchen with a sandwich in his hand. All four of us started laughing at him.

"FINE. Don't tell. I'm going back." Niall pouted.

"Awww Niall. Don't worry about others. They're stupids. There's nothing going on Its just that Me and Zayn sorted out our problems."

"REALLY? wow thats great. I'm so happy for you." Saying this Niall pulled me in a hug. "Its a call for celebration. Lets go to NANDOS." He said, pulling back. I looked at all others and they nodded back agreeing with Niall.

"Yea thats a great Idea." I said.

"Yess Nandos We're coming.",Niall started jumping with excitement.

"Finish your sandwich first." I chuckled at the sight of him holding a sandwich for so long.

"Oh yeah."he shoved the whole sandwich in his mouth.