Chapter Twenty Four

I want to dedicate this chapter to @DetectivePayne Please read her stories Case closed- Double Trouble & its sequel Case closed- Inferno. They're one of the finest stories I've ever read. If you're interested in detective stories Give it a shot. I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

Emily's POV

I opened my eyes to the annoying ringing of the alarm. I got up from my bed and went to open the windows. The cool breeze rushed inside the room brushing my body. It brought chills to my entire body but it still felt quite soothing and calmed the fire burning inside me. It's been almost two weeks now since I've been staying here but it felt like I've been living here for ages. My urge to see my mom for atleast once is taking over me. TWO WEEKS..its been two weeks that she've been coping Tony alone. What if he tried to kill her. No.. I shrugged off this thought from my mind. He won't do that. He'd keep her alive for his own benefits. My blood boiled on even a thought of what he might have been doing to my mom. He'd do anything to her but kill. He knew he can't do that. I hated myself for being selfish and leaving her all alone there in hell but it was her choice. I could not argue with her over that. She wanted to live with a monster and so is she.

If she'd have visited here atleast once I'm sure she'd have never lived with Tony. I never want to leave this place. Its like my safe haven. I've never felt anywhere safe before. I got a family that I've always longed for. I've got friends that I never had. And moreover there is Zayn. The corner of my lips automatically turn up when his thoughts cross my mind.I'm yet not clear that on what ground we stand. After knowing everything that our pasts hold I'm glad that atleast we've remained friends. Though I don't know how long this friendship will last. I don't want to hurt him. If I'll be with him I'll have to leave him someday. I don't want him to be part of my screwed up life.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath letting the fresh morning air fill up my lungs. When I opened my eyes they suddenly fell on a car halted just near the gate. I immediately recognised it. Bile rose in my throat as I stood there frozen. It was Tony's car. In a few minutes that car started and disappeared leaving behind the thick smoke let out by its engine. Oh No… He's keeping an eye on me. What do he want from me? My whole body shook with fear as I stepped away from the window and went towards my bed hiding myself under the covers.

My phone lit up with a text. I grabbed my phone with trembling hands and read the text.

-You think these people can save you ? No one likes a bitch who's a fucking bag of lies. You'll have to return to where you belong.

My eyes were glistened with tears and my chest felt heavy. I wanted to scream out that I belong here but the truth is I don't. All I want is a normal life that includes a loving family and friends. Is it too much to ask for? I feel like I'm floating between two different worlds. One where my reality lies which is nothing more than a dark black hole and the other contains happiness and a real life, a real world where I want to spend the rest of my life. I live here but my feet are bound to a chain that keeps me dragging back to the hell.

I kept my cell phone switched off to avoid any other text from him. I went down and found Avery doing the cleaning stuff. I cleared my throat to get the attention of Avery.

"Ohh Morning Em." She flashed a smile.

"Morning Avery. Can I help you?" I asked.

"Aah No its fine. I can do it. You sit I'll get you breakfast." She left her work and walked inside the kitchen. "I've made some pancakes for you" She put some on my plate and spread chocolate sauce over it. My mouth watered on the fine sight of them. It reminded me of the pancakes  Liam made.I remembered how Zayn looked when he walked in the kitchen shirtless only covered with ink. A smile spread on my face reminiscing the memories of that day.