Chapter Twenty Five

Zayn's POV

Sitting on the chair I was rotating the pen with my fingers and my eyes were fixed on my college notes. I've been sitting in the same position for last half an hour trying to study a bit but all in vain. My mind was wandering around, shifting my focus to various other things. I closed my eyes took a deep breath and tried to keep my mind focused. After few moments I put my pen down and searched through the shelf to find another book to study. Beneath all the books something with a black coloured cover stood out. I thought for a while and then took it out.

It was a small diary with black leather covering that my mom gifted me on my 10th birthday. I remembered how happy I was to get that. I jumped around my room with that diary. Its funny that when you're small how little things could make you happy and when you grow up you get so much involved in other stuffs that you forget about things that once made you smile.

I pushed away all the books and papers from my table and made enough space for my diary. I settled on my chair and flipped through the pages and saw the songs that I've written. Some of them were complete and some were still waiting on me to complete them. I've been writing these since I was 10. My every emotion was jotted down in this small diary in the form of songs. I smiled as I read the songs that I've written, songs about my family, about my school, my friends, Julia, Songs that I wrote when I got sad or happy and when I fell in love. I checked the last song I wrote, It was dated back to september 2013. It's been quite a long time that I've wrote anything. I took out my pen and started writing.

For the next couple of hours I got so much involved in the thing that I've always love to do. I haven't yet finished my song when my cell phone vibrated in my pocket making me jump from my chair. It showed a text from Emily.

Emily -Hii Are you awake?

An instant smile played on my lips and my fingers automatically typed the reply.

Zayn - Hi !! yes I'm awake :)

Emily- Then open up your window and let me in.

What the...? I rushed toward my balcony and saw her down leaning against the tree. I opened up the window and called her "Hurry up Get in. Its cold outside."

She climbed up the tree like an expetienced climber and jumped inside my room. Her face was lit up by the lights of my room. Her eyes looked tired and red. She was wearing a long t-shirt and sweatpants and shivering with cold. She kept hugging herself tightly and rubbing her arms. I touched her hand and realised they were ice cold.

"God damnit Emily. You're so cold."

I quickly looked in my wardrobe, taking out my sweater and handed it to her.

"Wear this. You'll feel better. " She didn't speak anything just nodded her head and took sweater from my hand. I amusingly watched her as she slip into my sweater. She was so quiet since the moment she entered the room she haven't uttered a single word. Her silence spoke out to me that something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"huh? Yeah I'm fine." She smiled. Her smile was not the same genuine and innocent smile it was more like a forced fake smile.

"Do Avery and Ryan know that you're here?" she didn't care to reply. Instead She looked around my room until her eyes got fixed on my diary. Before I could hide it She picked it up and flipped the pages. Her eyes grow wide as she carefully read some of the pages.

"You write songs? I never knew." She said while her eyes were still stuck on my diary.

"Yea sometimes. Now you answer me. Do they know you're here? " As much as I want her to be here with me I also didn't want her to be in any trouble.