twenty-four.

Tony and I sat in the back of a blacked out car, the CIA headquarters coming into view as I watched the car pull to a halt outside the name entrance, Natasha, Rhodey and a man who I didn't know yet coming out of the sliding doors, waiting for us t...

Tony and I sat in the back of a blacked out car, the CIA headquarters coming into view as I watched the car pull to a halt outside the name entrance, Natasha, Rhodey and a man who I didn't know yet coming out of the sliding doors, waiting for us to get out of the car. I looked over at Tony who shrugged his shoulders, knowing that I was about to ask him who the man was without me even having to open my mouth.

"Danke" I said to man driving the car as I pulled the door open, stepping out onto the sidewalk as Natasha smiled at me. I smoothed my tan trench coat down the back as Tony climbed out the car standing next to me. "It's nice to meet you both, I'm Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander" he said as he out stretched his hand, letting me shake it quickly as I nodded my head at it.

"Nice to meet you" I replied as Tony also said something along those lines, Natasha stepping forward as she hugged my quickly, her hair pulled into a tight pony tail. "Hey" I said to her as she pulled away from me, smiling as she rolled her eyes quickly, nodding her head over to Everett who was making small conversation with Tony. "He's a bore" she said to me as I smirked at her, Everett leading us all into the building, letting us by pass security as he held up his ID card, the arrival of Tony and I turning a few heads.

We walked through the lobby and into the elevator, which were rather big for lobby elevators as we all stood against the walls, Everett turning to look at me with a smile on his face. "How was the flight?" he asked me as I looked back at him, letting out a deep breath as I pushed my hair behind my ears. "Fine, I wasn't flying the plane for once which are my favourite flights" I said to him, trying to make a joke as it went straight over his head, earning an awkward laugh from him as he nodded his head, turning forward as we stood there I silence.

I looked over at Natasha so see her looking at me with wide eyes, her statement about Everett being boring clearly correct. "Where are we going?" I asked him, earning a quick look as he cleared his throat clasping his hands in front of him. "An office currently, for both of you to write your reports" he told me as I nodded my head, Tony rolling his eyes, pulling the blue tinted glasses he had on his shirt as he pushed them onto his head.

!

I sat at a table in a glass office, the room being in the centre of the floor, other rooms with computers and control boards in them as people worked inside of them. Tony and I sat at the table opposite of each other, a pan in my hand as I stared at the blank piece of paper in front of me, the classic statement form printed on it which I had seen too many times to count by now.

"Why can't I speak while someone else writes?" Tony asked, leaning back in his chair and continuing to look at his phone, the man not even having opened the file he had been given to write in. "You know sometimes I wonder how you managed to survive without Pepper" I said to him as he looked up at me, raising his eyebrows quickly as he nodded his head. "Yeah, me too" he replied to me as he looked straight back down at his phone, my fingers flipping the pen around in my hand.

"What am I even supposed to write? Went to London with Steve, Steve didn't come back with me" I said mockingly, putting the pen down as I swung my chair to the side, crossing one leg over the other as I watched people walking around on the other side of the glass, no one caring that we were here. "You think short boring Ross is related to moustache Ross?" I asked Tony after he didn't reply to me, earning a small laugh from him as he shook his head.

"No relation" he said quickly as I nodded my head, grabbing the glass of water which had green brought for me as I took a quick sip of it, placing it back down on the table as I saw a man running into the section of the floor we were in, looking straight at us as he ran over, his face red. "Mr Stark, Mr. Ross wants to see you" he said as he held the door open, Tony looking up at him from his phone as he nodded his head, sighing as he stood up.

"If you get the chance, write mines for me" Tony said, pushing the file over to the table to me as I sneered at him, watching as he followed the man out of the room. I sighed as I rolled my eyes, laying my head back as I clasped my hands over my stomach, officially bored of being here and wanting to go home already.

I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my jeans, looking at it as I sighed, pulling up my texts to see where Natasha was to see if she'd come and keep me company. My phone froze for a moment before Natasha's picture popped up, causing me to swipe the screen before putting the phone up to my ear, a faint sound of people talking coming through the line. "Hey, I was about to call you, where are you?" I asked her as the voices muffled a little bit, making my swing in my chair.

"Ally, they've found them" her voice said to me as I leaned forward, moving my phone to my other hand as I let out a breath. "All of them?" I asked her as I looked around, guessing that that's why Tony got pulled out the room in such a rush. She took a small breath in as I heard a door close on her side of the line, the footsteps of her boots clicking on the floor.

"All of them"

——

A/N: another chapter for you, the airport battle is coming up and i'm not going to lie it's going to be a bitch to write
also completely off topic I spent way too long on tik tok today it's not healthy
please vote and comment and I will see you tomorrow

A/N: another chapter for you, the airport battle is coming up and i'm not going to lie it's going to be a bitch to write also completely off topic I spent way too long on tik tok today it's not healthy please vote and comment and I will see you to...