They pursed their lips.

"It's Jake's party, at his house. 7:00, tomorrow, costume party. All the populars are gonna be there. And me. Mostly because they want their drug and alcohol provider. I'll text you the address."

"Gotcha. Oh. I need another... deal. Next week. Monday. That okay?"

      Dustin nodded, finger gunning Michael with a smirk.

"See ya around!" they called out, walking off.

      Michael nodded, clutching onto his backpack strap.

"Jesus christ, Jeremiah. What have you gotten yourself into?"

~~~

"H-hey Michael."

      Michael smiled as he saw Evan at his locker, leaning next to it as the acorn packed up. 

"Hey Ev. How was your day?"

"...Fine. You?"

"Good."

"G-good! Look, I was hoping that maybe we could miss t-tomorrow? I just... e-everything that's h-happened and I, and I need-"

"You need a break. Don't worry, I get it. I have something at 7:00 that night, so how about we eat pizza, and I drop you off at 6:45 ish?" he suggested as they walked down the hallway.

      Evan nodded with a shy smile.

"Sounds good! Thanks so much, Micha."

"'Course!" he chirped, walking towards his car. 

      He unlocked and started it, throwing his backpack into the back as Evan climbed into the passenger seat. 

"Alright! You ready to finish the Beetlejuice soundtrack? ...Ev?"

      Evan was looking out the window, knee bouncing anxiously, taking deep breaths, and blush spreading across his face.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! Let's finish it!"

       Michael cocked an eyebrow as he drove out of the parking lot. 

"What's up?"

"L-like... everything," Evan sighed with a breathy laugh. 

"Okay... well... you look nervous. Is there something wrong? What's making you so... flustered?" he chuckled.

       Evan buzzed his lips, shaking his head.

"J-just, j-just a normal r-roller coaster o-of emo, emo, emotions. Holy fern," he sighed.

      Michael fought back a snicker at the lack of Evan cussing, smiling at his stutter.

"There's n-nothing wrong, Micha. I'm alri-, alright."

      Michael nodded, placing a hand on Evan's shoulder.

"Hey. No matter what you're feeling, I'm here for ya."

      Evan blushed more with a faint smile as Michael turned on the soundtrack. 

      He was pretty much fucked at this point.

      How the hell am I supposed to maintain this friendship if I can't look at him without flushing like a tomato?!?! 

      There was a multitude of problems for the acorn. For one, Michael's glasses were slowly slipping down his nose, making him look adorable in Evan's eyes. His hair was in messy tuffs at the front, and a small smile spreading across his lips. He-