One

“Oh my god, here he comes.”

“Shut up he’ll hear you!”

“Shhh! Just let me look!”

“Daddy?”

“Yes, baby girl?” A little girl look up at her father, only five years old. She wrinkled her nose cutely and looked at the women standing off to the side of the playground. And she pointed directly at them. 

“Why are they talking about you?”

Taehyung laughed, throwing his head back in amusement. He looked back down at his daughter, kneeling on the ground beside her, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Well first of all, it’s not nice to point at people, baby. And secondly, maybe they’re just admiring your beautiful dress and how good of taste I have, seeing as you didn’t want to wear it today.”

The little girl rolled her eyes. “Because you have terrible fashion taste.” She stuck her tongue out before running to the playground. Taehyung knelt there, his face blank. 

“Yah!” He suddenly called. “Kim Jin-ho!” He sighed and shook his head, running and hand through his hair and throwing it off of his forehead. He heard the giggles of some of the other mothers from across the playground, smirking because he knew they were fawning over him. 

“His daughter totally just called us out.” One of them said, obviously embarrassed.

“Shhh! But did you see how he handled it? Oh my god, he’s such a good father. I wish my husband—“

“Good morning, ladies.” Taehyung called from his spot, waving at them. He saw their faces go red as they shyly waved back before making themselves scarce. Taehyung sighed, shaking his head as he chuckled lightly. 

“You should tell them you’re gay.” The man startled, nearly stumbling back at the voice that suddenly sounded behind him. 

“But I’m not!” Taehyung whined, whipping around and smacking the arm of his best friend and teacher of his child. 

“Yeah, Yeah, I know, Mr. Straight as a ruler that only bends for cute boys.” Taehyung felt his eyes roll. 

“I’m not talking to you about this again. I have Jin-ho, I don’t need to date someone, I don’t need someone in her life.”

“And what would—“

“Don’t even finish that statement.” Taehyung scoffed out. “I have to go to work. If my daughter blows herself up while under your care, expect there to be more than one body bag.”

“Love you, too!” Jimin called, waving as Taheyung jogged off.  The man sighed, smiling as he got into his car, driving off to his company. 

Kim Taehyung, a wealthy businessman, ceo of Kim Corporations, a very successful modeling agency. He had built it from the ground up himself, and was now one of the most wealthy bachelors in the country. Thirty Two as of this year, unmarried and (well to the gossip columns) on the market.

But Taehyung wasn’t interested. He had Jin-ho, and she was all he needed. He was perfectly content with where he was, and he didn’t need a wife to feel content with his life. 

Sure it was nice to hold someone in his arms occasionally in a different manner than he did his daughter, btu that’s what the weekend visit at grandma’s and a trip to a bar or club was for. He didn’t go often, but he was still a man, one who had needs, as barbaric as it sounded. 

-

At the end of the day, Taehyung drove to his daughter’s school. It was her first day she was in kindergarten, and Taehyung hadn’t been more glad to know that Jimin would be her teacher. His daughter had some peculiarities, one of them being the innate ability to almost blow herself up every time he was left alone for more than three minutes. 

Taehyung had timed it once.

The man walked toward the school, entering the building and signing Jin-ho out, smiling at the woman behind the desk in the office. She smiled kindly back, an elderly woman who loved children (Taehyung had been victim of her stories about half a dozen times by now) but was always sure to hold a firm hand over both kids and parents. 

Taheyung walked inside, heading to his daughter's classroom and opening the door. Half the class was gone by now, parents having already picked them up. And as soon as he entered the room, he smiled at the sight of his daughter. 

His eyes flicked to the side, and his eyebrows furrowed slightly. 

That wasn’t Jimin. 

“Daddy!” Jin-ho got up and ran towards him, barreling into his legs and hugging him tightly. Taehyung smiled down at her, letting her hair as he watched the new person walking behind her. 

He studied the boy as he approached. He was wearing a t-shirt, some ripped blue jeans and some sneakers. His hair was pushed back from his face, and he had adorable, rounded glasses on his face. 

He reached the pair and smiled. “You’re not Jimin.”

“You noticed?” Taehyung cracked a smile at him, watching him giggle. “Jungkook. I’m volunteering here after school, so I’ll be the one you see when you come to pick up your daughter.”

“Good to know.” Taehyung let his eyes flick over the boy for a moment, and then watched as the boy’s cheeks burned a little. “Looks like I’ll be seeing you around, then.”