20

Yaninae Jones
—————————
I woke up to a sore body and Jamez laying on my chest planting kisses on my face. I sent kisses right back and he giggled as he wrapped his little arms around my neck. I hugged him back and sat up straight. I took the chance to look around my room I had already packed most of my personal items. It was going on 9:00 and I had been looking around at 1 floor pads. I was about to get up as my phone pinged.

(424) 578-9999
Wsp, I'm swinging by later to get J.

I looked over at my baby then back at the text. Thinking back on the conversation me and my mother had , everyone was right. No matter how much I despised the thought of Jamez being with him I had too. That was his father. I quickly text back 'okay' and began to get him and his bookbag together. Today I actually needed the time alone to go ahead and get my pad. I was definitely going to be out of my mother's house within the next two days , Today I went and looked. It helped that I already knew what I wanted. California was a beautiful place and the suburbs were the epitome of 'living the dream'. The pads were about 20 minutes away from my moms house. Which was perfect. I know moving out so soon to the pad was going to raise eyebrows and questions but I didn't care, I'm grown, I had more than enough money saved, and now I can afford it. Don't question me. I smiled as I grabbed Mez out of the bathtub. He was such a happy baby. I was truly blessed. Sat him in front of the tv with his blanket as I got dressed. I sat for a minute to admire my baby. He looked up at me with those big beauty hazel eyes.

 He looked up at me with those big beauty hazel eyes

It was scary how much he looked like his father. Definitely the spitting image of him. I took my bonnet off and ran a flat-iron through the fuzzy parts. Having a mom as a hair dresser and knowing how to do hair was a blessing. I never spent extra money to get it done. I put my dress on and grabbed my purse . In the middle of picking through my heels the doorbell rings. I made my way to the door. I opened up and let Jayshawn in. I went back up to my room and he followed. He sat down and Jamez instantly walked to him. He picked him and planted a kiss on his cheek.
"What's up lil dude."
Jayshawn said as he held his hand out. Jamez giggled and smacked it. Jamez began speaking back pointing in the air and carrying on. Whatever he was saying was very important to him and Jayshawn played right along. Jayshawn looked up and me and raised his eyebrow.
"What ?"
Noticing I was smiling I quickly turned around. "Nothing. It's just nice to see that he knows you're his dad. He's even happier when you come around."
I turned back around to him staring at me. He put Jamez down and propped his arms on his knees.