6

2 months later...

Ya'ninae Jones
----------------------

I sat on my bed as the silence drowned me. I clenched my fists tight as well as my eyes. I felt the stinging sensation behind my eyes and I held my breath trying to stop all the emotions running through my body. I threw everything that was in my hand down and fell to the ground with my head in my hands. The tears poured out of my eye sockets like running water. My breathing was uneven and my chest burned from holding my breath. I laid in my bed and cried even harder. My sobs became even louder and I clung onto my pillow as my body shook. My pillow was soaked and my shirt was drenched in sweat. I laid in the bed and sleep took over me as my sobs died down.

~

I woke up and it was like my body was trained to wake up at this specific time everyday. I slugged to the bathroom and took a long shower. It was Thursday the day before the last day of school and I wasn't in any type of mood to deal with anybody. I pulled out some plain black cargo sweatpants and a thin blue pullover hoodie. I matched these with my blue Nike slides. I was so tired but in the same sense I wasn't. I combed my hair slowly taking it out of it's matted state. I applied coconut oil and left it in it's huge natural kinky curly afro. I finished my hygiene and walked out my house. I admit I looked like shit but I wasn't put on this earth to please anybody.

The hallways were loud and the shit was really starting to annoy me. I pushed past the crowds and walked straight into my first block class. I sat my head down and thought about the things that weighed heavy on my mind. I could feel the tears coming on again and I sniffled. I exhaled and closed my eyes feeling the tears trickle across my cheek. I hated crying. I hated it with all my heart, I felt so... weak when I did it. I felt my head throbbing but I ignored it and got some well needed rest.

"Ya'ninae Jones.!"

I jumped up at all the voices coming at me but the loud nasally one stood out the most.

"You are needed in the office and you can't be sleeping in my class."

I stood up walking out the door as she spoke and she quickly followed.

"Hey, do you hear- Oh,What's wrong dear.?"

I shook my head no and tried walking past her and she stepped back in front of me.

"Listen you are one of my best students and I would hate to see you slacking off. Now I know this is a one time thing for you but these 'one time things' become bad habits, you're headed down a great road, if there is something bothering you need to tell someone so we can address it. Trust me you will feel better if you talk about it."

I shook my head no again and pushed past her. I walked downstairs to the office and came to the secretary's desk.

"How may I help you sweetums.?" The young white lady's southern drawl spilled out.

"Uh, Im Ya'ninae Jones I was called down here to the principal's office."

"Ah, yes beautiful she's in there waiting for you."

I walked in there with sweaty palms. What could I be called in here for.?

"Hello Ms. Jones."

"Hello." I replied taking her hand in mine.

"Well I hate to beat around the bush so I'm going to get right into it. We have received a letter from Cambridge University and would like for you to open it."

I took the letter and took a deep breath before ripping it opening it.

I read the first line, the line that stood out from the others.

You ain't seen nothing YET.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें