14

2 weeks later...

Ya'ninae Jones
--------------------

I smiled at the at my phone.

Rashad: Wyd Ma.?

I quickly texted back and locked my phone back up. I pulled on a baby blue halter top, stone washed jean joggers and the all white huaraches I had just bought about two weeks ago.I had just taken my twists out and my shoulder length hair was now in curly strands. I took my pick and made it into a huge afro and laid my edges. I walked out and Jamez wasn't in his crib. I could hear his giggling so I guess my mother took care of him. I gathered his small bookbag packing everything I needed in it and headed downstairs. The smell of bacon hit my nose and my mouth instantly watered.

"Mama whatchu in here cooking."
I said as she sat my plate in front of me.

"I was hungry so I went ahead and made you food too."

I laughed. "Mhmm, thank you." I said as I eyed the food in front of me.

We ate and I fed Jamez bits and pieces of chewed up food. Today we were going to the mall my mother needed to pick a couple things out for her business trip to Jamaica and I wanted to tag along. Plus I needed to get some clothes for Mez because he was getting bigger and his clothes were starting to no longer fit. We piled in the car and drove off.

~

I got Jamez and his bookbag out of the car and we walked up to the entrance to Macy's. The blast of cool air felt good and Im assuming Jamez thought so too because of his his giggle fits as we went through it. We made our way to the women's side of the store and there was racks and racks of swimming suits. I spotted a couple off the bat that I thought my mother would look good in. I picked up a couple and as I was I noticed there was alot of people here today and the mall is always popping but today it was PACKED.

"Here mama, you gone like these."

I handed her the 4 suits and followed her to the dressing room. I sat down on the benches and shifted Jamez from my hip to my lap. Scrolling through my phone I decided to text Aaliyah. I double clicked my home button to exit out of all apps as I did my mother came out the dressing room.

She had on a lavender colored 1-piece that was strappy in the back and stopped right above the arch in her back.

I smiled I liked it alot. It fit her slim figure and I liked the color against her skin but I wanted to see her in the other ones to see if there was something better.

"How you like it.?"

"I like it alot but I wanna see you in the other ones too."

She looked in the mirror and closed the door. My phone buzzed and the text appeared on my screen.

Rashad: You wanna hangout later?

I slid it to the left and started typing.

To Rashad: Yeah what do you plan on doing?

I locked it back up and Jamez popped up in my head. I sighed. Rashad didn't know I had a kid. Well this would be our first time actually hanging out, so he wouldn't know even if. I thought for a while. Rashad didn't need to know about Jamez until I knew we were serious. Jamez was the most important thing in my life and I didn't need him seeing different people in and out of his life. I was going to protect him mo matter what so therefore I wasn't going to tell Rashad yet.

My mother came out in a deep red 1-piece that had cut out sides that showed off her small waist. I opened my eyes wide and smiled. The color against her skin was beautiful. Her brownskin glowed and it accentuated everything.