"And, how is she doing now? Good, I hope."

A look of sympathy slowly washes onto Elena's face and she sighs.

****

Devon Residence, Kitchen

Bonnie is sitting at the main dining table, doing her homework while eating a fresh piece of hot toast for breakfast and Kai, who remains at his girlfriend's house anyway, is cooking a few eggs behind the stove, dancing around a little as he has the radio almost on full volume, annoying her.

The girl rolls her green eyes, "What does it look like I'm doing here?"

"What?" Her own frenemy playfully acted like he can't hear her, just for fun.

"Turn the music down!" Bonnie yelled in frustration, "Hello?!"

"Sorry, I can't hear you over the music. You're going to have to speak up!" The powerful merged witch purposely claimed as he tries to hide his smile.

"Lord, help me." Bonnie muttered and raises her hand; she magicks the radio to fall onto the floor, unplugging it from the socket roughly; she smiles in victory and the other laughs, "You're lucky Cass already took off to avoid that commotion you clearly started." Kai laughs even more. "Are those eggs ready or what? These toasts aren't really taking my hunger away--"

"Ugh, don't you ever stop judging?"

"No, so I would like to have my eggs now please, which hopefully can benefit the both of us — you don't have to hear me judge, and I don't get to hear you talk." His girlfriend's best friend told him with a sarcastic smile.

Kai rolls his blue-gray eyes playfully and serves her, his well-known frenemy as well, two scrambled eggs on a plate, "You're welcome."

"Good. Now, you can go back and play with Miss Cuddles."

"Yeah, like a twelve-year-old girl who has nothing better to do. Why can't you let me see her, Bonnie? What did I do? If I did something that bad, then say it to my face. Not going behind my back to tell other people about it. Come on. If anyone can visit her, why can't I do it too?"

"Because we're all just doing what she wants, which is firm and clear: Kai Parker is not allowed." The young adult revealed, "Until she's released."

"Oh wow, that seems fair." He scoffs sarcastically, "Why is that, exactly?"

"Sorry, but I can't tell you that." Bonnie said unsincerely and smiles.

"And I can't do anything that doesn't remind me of her. I mean, I'm literally in her house, for Christ's sake--"

"So why don't you move back into your apartment?"

"No." Kai quickly replied, earning him a look and he sighs tiredly, "It's boring over there. Like there's nothing for me to do, unfriendly neighbors--"

"Well, at least do something to distract yourself from missing her." The younger witch suggested in an obvious tone, "Like, getting a job or--"

The young man scoffs, "Okay, let's not get too crazy."

Bonnie rolls her green eyes, "Or would you rather be a student?"

"Yeah, sure. Oh wait." Kai snaps his fingers sarcastically, "I don't care."

"Really? What was the year when you dropped out of college? Right before you were sent to your own personal hell--"

"I wanted to be a chef, at first, but then I had another choice of being a photographer, only for me to turn out to be...the leader of my coven, which can't be right in the real world, so now I just couldn't care less, really."