XXVI • THE WORLD HAS TURNED AND LEFT ME HERE

twenty-six. the world has turned and left me here

 the world has turned and left me here

Salvatore Residence, Savannah

Rosie, in her sexy dark green rayon lace kimono nightgown, is sleeping peacefully on her and Stefan's shared big king-sized bed in their warm bedroom in the middle of the night, alone, when her cell phone vibrates on the bedside table. As her makeshift alarm, she slowly opens her heavy eyelids to reveal her sleepy doe hazel eyes. When she doesn't sense her lover's presence beside her, she looks over to see anyway that she is confirmed alone and Stefan must be still awake somewhere downstairs.

She reaches over, grabs the device, switches on the lamp sitting on the bedside table as well and answers the phone call with a tired tone, "Hello?"

"Hey, Tripp Cooke. I, ah, just wanted to thank you for turning over that vampire Isaac to me. He's been very helpful." One of the founders spoke.

She frowns, "Isaac? I-I thought, thought you were supposed to kill him." She quickly grabs her matching dark green robe and wears it, assuming that it's inappropriate to speak to another man while she is currently spoken for.

"Oh I will, eventually. Once I know everything he does." And his friends.

Rosie moves her soft pink lips as if she were to say something else but then thought better of it after a moment's hesitation, "So, what has he told you?"

"Sounds like the vampire problem in Mystic Falls isn't as bad as I thought, I mean if he had any names, he'd have given them up." Tripp is sitting in the back of his truck, looking at all the lethal stakes, "Lord knows I've done plenty of things to get him to talk, and I won't stop 'til I get my answers."

She gulps nervously, but maintains her cover, "Well that's um, good to hear. I mean, you're a true hero." She walks over to the slightly open room door.

"Yeah, seems like it's moved on to Savannah. I've sent some of my guys down there, they're going to check it out, see what they find." He spoke.

Oh my God. "Thanks for the, uh, heads up." She opens the door wider.

"Founding families, got to stick together." The dangerous hunter declared.

"Absolutely." Rosie hangs up and looks down the dark hallway, "Stefan?" She walks out of their bedroom to search for him with initial concern, which leads to anxiety when she hears rattling downstairs and she jumps a little.

Sitting her cell phone down on the nearby table by the wall, she speed-walks down the stairs, "Stefan? Stefan, where are yo--"

"Right here." Stefan called out in return from the back kitchen.

When his girlfriend reaches downstairs, the whole house is a big mess, chairs broken, broken glasses everywhere, especially in the kitchen where the vampire Ivy is at the open refrigerator, searching for food in starvation.