III • ORIGINAL SIN

three. original sin

 original sin

J

oe's Bar

At late dawn, Rosie is sitting on one of the padded seats in the bar with a bright blue florescent neon sign outside. As the one and only customer at this time too early in the morning, she is sipping on her steaming, hot coffee from a mug, and is covered in a dark green suede moto jacket over her alabaster white coloured tank top as her enhanced hearing slowly picks up of painful grunts and footsteps, as if the person is coming straight into the restaurant, to which she looks up for a moment and looks at the main counter in which Joe, the bartender is wiping the top surface with a dirty cloth disinterestedly. Noticing she is just fine, Rosie wonders whether there is anyone else inside the bar with them as she looks around the place.

She looks down to examine the second daylight ring she is wearing on her right middle finger, owned by Stefan and starts to play around with it by twisting it repeatedly around her finger, wondering where he could be now. Once she makes physical contact with the lapis lazuli stone of the ring which is filled with magic to protect the owner of the accessory- the vampire from burning in the sunlight, she suddenly triggered a psychometry divination, as  she remains as a banshee, in which she gasps as she abruptly has Stefan's vision, as if she is looking through his own eyes for a quick brief moment which is correct that moments later, a soaking wet Stefan is seen entering the bar, revealing it's him to be the one who is grunting in pain as he limps to the nearest place where a human could be found. In pure horror, Rosie watches him who looks absolutely disheveled, soaking wet and famished as he only keeps his dark, bloodthirsty, rabid gaze on Joe since he stepped into the place, and it is as if his girlfriend is not even there to begin with.

"My last call was four hours ago. If you want some coffee, I could put some on or..." Joe trailed off as Rosie shouted at her to run, though too late when Stefan vamps out to feed greedily on her neck and she screams in agony.

****

Salvatore Boarding House

Rosie suddenly sits up in the big king-sized bed one morning, afraid, as if she has awoken from the nightmare and takes deep breaths. She slept in the same bed as Damon in his spacious bedroom the previous night from their whole day of searching for his brother and her emotional episodes.

"Uhnn...You must have restless sleep syndrome or something. It's like sleeping with a tornado." Her vampire friend next to her uttered sleepily.

Rosie closes her big eyes as she passes her hands through her soft, wavy caramel hair and takes more deep breaths. The deeply concerned Damon looks at her and sees her all-too-familiar worried expression on her face.