XVII • RESCUE ME

seventeen. rescue me

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Agnes, as leader of the travelers, continues to fry Stefan's brain, as he sits on the chair, to keep the magical link between himself and his look-alike strong enough to derive additional information about him and his whereabouts.

Her daughter is able to read her thoughts through the magical vision derived from the linking spell, "His name is Tom Avery. I heard that much." Besides, a Salvatore doppelgänger isn't really easy to come by these days.

"Pneumothorax. I need a ten-gauge needle now." Stefan's shadow self said somewhere in the Emergency Room at an unknown hospital as a medic.

A male professional, middle-aged doctor comes in, "We'll take it from here."

"If you don't do it now, she's not going to make it to the operating table." Tom injects the woman with something, causing her to jerk on the gurney.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Melissa, her patience wearing thin as if she's pressured to offer aid for this, "Come on, Stefan. We need your help with the link. Tell us what you see! Tell us where to find your doppelgänger."

The aching vampire doppelgänger gasped, "Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital." In Georgia, Virginia, to which Caroline and Isaac are already there now.

With that, Agnes finally takes her hands off his forehead, breaking the link, "Good. Thank you for your help. Now your friends can go kill him."

****

Salvatore Boarding House, Damon's Bedroom

Rosie lies wide awake in her brand new boyfriend's massive king-sized bed, naked under the warm sheets covering her body from her breasts comfortably. She is in deep thought about their new relationship, slowly smiling, until she hears the morning alarm on her mobile phone goes off on the nightstand. When she picks it up, she sees the present time is now 8:45 A.M. She shuts her big doe hazel eyes, considering the time that she actually overslept. She shouldn't do this, she knows she has to get up by now.

After sitting there for a few minutes, she looks over at Damon beside her, who is soundly sleeping, and tries to sneak out of the bed silently.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Her lover mentioned and he opens his eyes.

"Oh! Um, hey, did I wake you?" The young hybrid asked nervously.

"No, I've been up for three hours." He admitted as he lies on his back.

"Really? Because you didn't say a word." She sheepishly avoids to look at him due to her naked body as she struggles to retrieve her clothings.