I will never like you (1)

"I don't like you, and I know you don't like me, too, so let's be strangers just like how you wanted in the beginning."

"..." The onyx eyes staring back at me dimmed in an instant.

I ignored his usual silent stunt and turned to the bed to search for my hair tie.

Once I found what I was searching for, I proceeded to tie my hair in a bun. I'm leaving.

"...What should I do to make you believe me?"

He still doesn't want to give up?

As soon as I finished fixing my hair, I looked back at him and replied, "Nothing... Because I'll never believe you."

His jaw tensed and he looked at me as if I had just stabbed him. I almost felt like the bad guy. Well... Not until I remembered the things he did to me. And to Rui.

"I'm going to get my phone." I was about to leave the room to look for Kassis but I was surprised when I found him standing by the door, looking like a broken computer.

Did he hear everything?

Nevertheless, I went to him and stretched my hand, boldly saying. "Give it back."

He stared down at me then to Axton. "Boss...-"

"Give it to her." Axton cut him off with a solemn voice, I almost rolled my eyes.

"I don't think I need anyone's permission to get my phone." I stared at Kassis, holding my bearings as tight as I could.

He reluctantly placed my phone in my hand and I immediately fled the apartment without looking behind me.

Cold sweat trickled down my back but I chose to ignore it until I managed to enter the elevator without any mishaps.

Once the elevator doors closed, I let out a sigh of relief and leaned back as I held my chest.

I was so scared I thought my legs would give up. I said a lot of things that could cause me real trouble, I thought he'd come grabbing me from behind, suddenly wanting to kill me, after all.

I couldn't help but feel anxious as I walked to the train station. My eyes would always dart behind me thinking, what if he sent a hitman to kill me?

I mean, it wouldn't be rational to kill me inside the apartment but... here? Out in the open? I'm like a stag walking in a clearing for the hunter to shoot me dead.

I walked warily to my destination and was eventually seated in the train. It seems no one is following me though I have this nagging feeling that I was being watched.

Putting the uncomfortable feeling aside, I called Lawrence and told him I might not go to work and not to worry about me. I wouldn't want to get a ton of calls and messages from the two.

After that was done, I sighed and tried to relax in my seat.

I need to calm down in order to think clearly or else I'll be panicking at every little thing from here on out.

Breathe, Rui.

Somehow, I feel like I left something...

Breathe-

My throat constricted all of a sudden, making me cough without warning.

I think I remember now.

My eyes opened in dread as I slowly looked down at my abnormally large clothes. The corners of my mouth twitched.

No wonder people were looking at me so strangely... And here I was thinking everyone was out to get me! I covered my face with my hand and cursed in a hushed tone.