The Green Candle : Part 2

Carmen said nothing as she stood outside. "Am I gonna have to talk the whole time?"

Jason asked, standing in front of the door, and Carmen glared at him, and he shook his head.

"Like talking to a statue. Carved with no emotion whatsoever." He said and Carmen shook her head.

"Are you still just all mad and angry, at me, about me not taking your side when it came to helping Tommy?"

He asked, and Carmen snorted.

"Took you long enough Jason. I thought you were the smart one." She said.

"You've got me confused with Billy now." He said, and Carmen shook her head.

"It's been so long since I started getting angry at you, that I don't even know what I'm angry about anymore. It has been that long."

Carmen said, and Jason nods at her.

"So are we good?" He asked, and Carmen looked at him. "I'm thinking we should go inside."

She said, and he smiled slightly, and Carmen walked past him and into the Command Center quickly to get out of the cold.

"Did you guys figure it out?" Tommy asked, and suddenly he staggered like he was drunk. "Tommy!"

Carmen said, running forward fast, to help steady him, and he just looked at her. "I'm fine." He said coldly.

Carmen backed away, her eyes flashing with something that almost looked like fear, as she backed up.

"Tommy, she was just trying to help you." Kimberly said, from where she had steadied him, and Carmen looked up at Zordon. "What's the latest?"

She asked, her voice trembling, only ever so slightly, as Jason walked back in and looked around, having missed all of it.

"There is a magic candle hidden inside of Rita's dark dimension, made of a magic wax that is now connected to Tommy's powers."

Zordon said and Tommy looked at Carmen who was looking once more at her hands, which shook harder... than ever now.

"Zordon.... isn't there something that we can do? Anything, that we can do at all to help?" Kimberly asked.

"Someone must journey into Rita's dangerous dark dimension, and get the candle before it burns out." The robot said.

"I'll do it." Carmen said immediately, and both Tommy and Jason turned to her. "No!" They both snapped.

"Why should I not then? Who's gonna go instead of me?" Carmen challenges and Tommy shook his head.

"So how do I get there?" Tommy asked, looking up at Zordon. "No way Tommy! We just lost you to that."

Carmen said, smacking him on the arm hard. "You don't. Your presence would only accelerate Rita's spell with the candle. One of the others must go in." Zordon said.

"Me." Carmen said, and Jason shook his head at her stubbornness for this subject. "I'll go." He said, and in doing so, cutting her next explanation off.

"Forget it. No way."

Tommy said, turning away from Zordon quickly, and Carmen weighed in with her opinion next.

"I'm with Tommy on this one. We need you as the Red Ranger. You're our leader Jase." She said.

"Look, it makes sense. I'm the only other Ranger who's ever been there. I know my way around already." Jason said, and Carmen shook her head.

"It's way too dangerous. Carmen don't you think that I'm giving you free rein for this because you are definitely not going either."

Tommy said, and Carmen glared at him. "It's your only chance Tommy. I think we should let Jason go."