New Girl

The school had been expecting a new kid for some time and it was only now after almost a week of expectation the new kid was finally here.

"I hope he's cute." Kimberly said, as she walked into the classroom, and a chuckle came from Billy.

"But what if it's a girl? Did you know there is a much higher percentage of feminine transfers then masculine?"

He said. "Come again?" Zack asked, walking into the room with Jason and Trini.

"There's a higher chance of it being a girl then a guy." Trini said to explain it to the others. "Affirmative." Billy said cheerfully, as they all sat down.

"Now class, please be respectful to our new student. She is not used to busy is places like this. This is our student."

Principal said, and a girl walked into the classroom, her hair so blonde it is almost white. "Say your name."

He said, and he looked truly and directly at her, staring until the girl raised her head slightly, pulling her hood over her head as she did.

"Carmen Storm." She said, her voice angry and cold. "Does anyone in here have any questions for Carmen?"

The teacher asked, and Carmen looked like she was about to have a break from standing up there.

"Uh yes I do." Jason said, putting his hand high up in the air. "Yes there is one... Jason?" The teacher asked.

"Where's she gonna sit?" Jason asked, and Carmen only slightly narrows her eyes at him.

"She'll sit next to..." The teacher started, and he looked around the room, and Bulk with Skull were looking excitedly at him.

"Kimberly. Carmen you will be sitting in between Kimberly and Billy. Please, take your seat."

The teacher said, and Carmen nodded, as she walked over to the assigned desk, and put her stuff down, and she opened her book.

"Hey." Kimberly said, poking Carmen in the arm, and Carmen glared at her and her eyes flashed with rage.

"Don't touch me again." She whispered harshly, and Kimberly flinched back. "I'm sorry."

She said, but Carmen was already working back on her Chemistry work as she really focused on the various properties and uses of certain metals on the periodic table.

When the bell rang nearly an hour later, Carmen was fast out of the room like a rocket.

"What's up with her?" Zack asked, and Kimberly looked at him her eyes wide with surprise.

"Look I poked her once, and she flipped out on me completely. I think we should stay away from her."

She said, looking at the others, and Jason sighed. "Maybe... maybe that is a good idea." He said, and then there was loud shouting from the hallway.

"Oh no." Jason said, and they all ran outside. There was complete and utter pandemonium in the hallway.

As there was now 5 punk guys surrounding Carmen, who was now backed into a corner, and had, nowhere to move at all.

"We should help her." Billy said, and he went to go over, but Jason stopped him. "We'll go."

He said, and walked over to the punks, who looked over at him, as Zack, Kimberly, and Trini lined up behind him in a solid line.

"Let the new girl go." He said, and Bulk snorted. "Why would we do that you dorks?"

He asked, and Carmen looked at Jason, and the others as well, before directly at the punk guys, and then at the others again, who were talking the boys to complete distraction.

Carmen grabbed her bag, and slipped past the punk guys, with slight nods at the group, who nodded.

"Looks like our problem is solved here. Come on guys, let's go." Jason said, as they all separated.

Carmen was in the Angel Grove Youth Center when the group found her. She was stirring a smoothie around with a straw, as well, it also did look like she hadn't had a single sip of it.

"Hey Ernie." Billy said, calling the owner of the Youth Center over, and Ernie walked over to them quickly.

"How long has she been here?" Trini asked slightly nodding at Carmen who looked like she was hypnotized by her stirring of the smoothie.

"About two hours or so. Why?" Ernie asks, looking at the teenagers in front of him.

"She's our new student Ernie. She's missed every class today since Bulk's gang surrounded her earlier." Zack said.

"What the kid? You're not gonna believe what she did to a couple of guys earlier. Some of them, your karate kids actually Jason."

Ernie said, and Jason raised his eyebrows at him. "Is she trained?" He asked like he couldn't believe it.

"I'd bet money on it, that she'd give you one hell of a fight." Ernie said as Jason thought about it.

"Yeah alright maybe." He said, and Trini walked over to Carmen. "Hey there."

She said, and Carmen had no response for her, just kept stirring the still untouched drink.

"I'm Trini Kwan. I sit by you in Chemistry." Trini tried again, and Carmen looked at her.

"I don't want to talk. So get out of my face." Carmen said, lowering her head as she pulled out a sketchbook.

"Hey you draw? Can I see?" Trini asked, grabbing at the sketchbook with eagerness like a kid grabbing from a far distance for a treat.

"Trini look out!" Kimberly said, but the warning came too late, as the had been previously untouched smoothie, was now all over Carmen's clothes.

The sketchbook had landed directly open, and right in the middle of the water spill, which happened just as the smoothie came down and atop.

Carmen looked at Trini, her eyes blazing with real fury now, and her fists clenched at her sides.

"How could you?!" She screamed, and grabbed at her sketchbook, which was pretty clearly ruined, covered in a big pineapple smoothie besides.

"I'm so sorry. I'll... I'll buy you a new one!" Trini said, but Carmen had run out of the room already.

"Well done Trini." Kimberly said, and Jason sighed. "My turn." He said and a few minute later he was following the sounds of crying.

"Hey." He said, and Carmen was up and in a fighting stance, her eyes now flashing with the same rage as before.

"It's alright." Jason said, and Carmen lowered her fists, and she slid back on the ground.

"So what's wrong? Was something valuable in that sketchbook?" He asks and Carmen shook her head.

"It's personal. I don't talk about it with anyone." She said, and Jason looked at her.

"Alright well, Ernie told me that you fought my karate students today. Said that you beat them." He said.

"Yeah. I noticed some areas of weakness. Why?" The girl said, glancing at him.

"One day, I'll see you in the ring."

Jason said, and just after, his watch went off. "What's that?" Carmen asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Uh nothing. But I've got to go." He said, and raced off down the hallway and Carmen watched him go, knitting her eyebrows in confusion.