Airport Friends: Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"What's up with all the bags?" Marcy questioned.

"This isn't mine. Someone gave us a lift here, this is their bag. We are meeting up with a few others near gate 'B, ' back of the building. How long have you guys been here?"

"We got here an hour ago but Marcy lost her luggage. . . so--" Eileen shrugged.

"I didn't lose it, i put it down for a second to go to the restroom then the next moment it was gone, " Marcy replied.

"You lost it."

"Did you report it?" Walter asked.

"Yeah, and they still haven't found it so that probably means someone stole my shit. But it's fine, i can just track it, it just takes a minute for it to connect. Good for us as well, we managed to get here much earlier," Marcy responded. "How long have you been hanging around?"

"Oh-- we're not supposed to be hanging around, i-I'm actually supposed to be heading over to the agency right now. . . Kinda late. . .
It's a 'red card AND code seven' mission. . ."

"OOF!" Wheezed Elieen.

"Oh my god, Walter! You're gonna get your ass beat. . ." Said Marcy.

"Yeeaaahh. . . I know, " Walter huffed. "I gotta get going though guys. See you when you get back! I'll most likely be staying late."

"Alright, see you. Tell me what happens after you get your ass kicked," Marcy waved.

"Yeah yeah, " Walter rolled his eyes, smiling as he watched them walk in the same direction they came.

"Uh. . ." (Y/N) began as she and Walter continued on their path. "What's a 'red card and code seven?"

"Oh! Well-- There is this pinboard we have at the agency with these little note cards that are colored depending on what rank you're on and how serious it is. The green cards are the most simple; that's what beginners started off with. While the red cards are the most difficult. They all have numbers on them as well; the higher the number the quicker it has to be investigated and taken care of. The highest number I've seen was ten."

"Ranks?" (Y/N) tilted her head. "You guys have ranks?"

"Yeah, we don't want to lend a beginner a 'red card.' Almost all the time me and Lance are given the mission directly. We rarely use the board. . . This mission was from the board though."

"What's your rank?"

"Uh-- 'S, ' top rank. Me and Lance both are 'S' (even though he's so much better than me). . . I'm pretty sure we're getting bumped down after this, " Walter coughed the last bit.

"Ppfft-- is it really that bad?"

"Y E A H! uh-- it's pretty B A D. Most red cards are dealing with large explosives annndd we were supposed to be back early yesterday. . . Not only that but Lance is gone."

"I'm really sorry Walter. I wish i could do something, i know you just want to get Lance back."

Walter sighed. "Yeah. . .But it's okay, Lance is titled the number one world's greatest spy for a reason. He'll make sure your mom is safe as well. . .If your mother cooperates. . ."

BRETT