Chapter 22

Sonic and Shadow walked to Tails workshop silently, Sonic didn't want to make Shadow more mad, after all they just had there first kiss, and millionth fight. Shadow was still a little embarrassed, but he didn't let It show.

"Tails?" Sonic called out.

"Sonic! Wait Sonic? How did you-"

"It wasn't a actual portal, it was just one of Eggmans inventions" Sonic said, as he looked over at Shadow.

Sonic just realized how stressed out Shadow looked, with the bags under his eyes and his messed up fur, he felt terrible for yelling at him for looking for a cat.

"I have work tomorrow, I need to get home. I'll see you guys later." Shadow said, as he walked towards the door.

Sonic didn't want Shadow to leave, he had to hold himself back from running after him.

Sonic sighed and looked at Tails, who raised his brow.

"Why dose Shadow look more stressed out then usually?" Tails asked.

"He's been through a lot today, and it's kinda my fault." Sonic said, sighing.

"What happened?"

"Tails, I have a confession..."

"What is it?"

"Tails, I-" Sonic paused, not believing what he was about to say. "I killed Eggman."

"What, your joking right." Tails said in disbelief, laughing awkwardly.

Sonic shook his head, as tears escaped his eyes, streaming down his face.

Tails eye widened, never seeing Sonic this upset.

"Your telling the truth, aren't you." Tails said, as a shiver rolled down his back.

Sonic nodded again, his eyes becoming puffy from the tears rolling down his face.

"Oh Sonic, why didn't you tell me." Tails said, as he ran up to Sonic and gave him a hug.

"Because your young and shouldn't have to hear about your big brother killing someone because the let there emotions get to him." Sonic sobbed into Tails shoulder.

"Sonic you know that I'll always be here for you, killing Eggman wouldn't be the worse thing you done." Tails said, as he rubbed Sonic back, trying his best to comfort him.

"Thanks Tails, I'm not sure what I'd do without you."

"Is there anything else I should know?" Tails asked.

"Well, I haven't told anyone yet but... I like someone." Sonic said, as he wiped his tears from his eyes.

"Who! Who!" Tails yelled, as he jumped up and down.

"I- I like Shadow." Sonic admitted.

"Wait- I thought-"

"I know, but I realized I had feelings for him when I seen Classic Sonic get so close with Shadow, I got jealous. Now I think I just messed everything up between me and Shadow." Sonic said, cutting off Tails.

"What happened?" Tails asked.

"I kissed him, and then we had a moment for a minute, and then I messed it up by yelling at him for chasing that cat." Sonic sighed.

"Sonic, I know Shadow will get over it if he likes you, just give it some time. Now it pretty late so I'm going to bed, goodnight." Tails said, as he walked to his room.

"Good night." Sonic sighed, as he walked to his room and shut the door.