Chapter 26 | Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

"The Rake!?" You gasped in a whisper, recognising those in front of you

"The Rake!?" You gasped in a whisper, recognising those in front of you. But unfortunately you were too loud, and so the creature's attention snapped to you unanimously. "Me and my big fucking mouth" you grumbled as you jumped up, getting into a defensive stance as all three 'Rakes' began to surround and circle you.

The trio continuously circled you as you spun on the spot, your defence unchanging despite your eyes darting between the three. This cycle of movement continued until you heard the rush of wind blow through the cave, immediately sending the trio darting in from different angles - whether or not that was the cause of their attack was anyone's guess. But luckily enough for you, they all dived for your legs. With a single jump straight up, attacks from all sides were dodged and the trio of monsters collided with each other, a cartoon-like *THUNK* resulting from the three-way collision.

Seeing the three collide beneath you, it was apparent that this could be used to your advantage. Given how high you were, you led with a front flip and extended your right leg as you returned forward. Leading with your heel, you crashed down on top of whichever unlucky soul happened to land underneath you. With a hard *CRACK*, it was hard to determine if the noise came from either the Rake's skull or the stone floor beneath it. Getting up fast, you did your best to make some distance between yourself and the recovering three. Reaching to your hip, a feeling of worry washed over you. You had reached for your holster, but your gun wasn't there. 'Shit!' was all that came to mind before the three were up and charging again. As the scene became a series of ducks, dodges and dives, a slow and heavy knocking brought your attention away from your assailants for a moment.

"Hey, kid! How's the kidnap goin'? Having any fun?" Nightmare's voice called from one of the entrances of the room. Despite him only talking for a few seconds, it was enough of a distraction for one of the Rakes to slash you across the chest with all four of its clawed 'fingers'.
"Agh! Fuck!" You called out, jumping back and holding your bleeding chest with one hand.
"So not having fun then?" Nightmare asked, only for you to grunt in response as you fought the trio. "You know, if you wanted to even this out, fire's always an option for you" he added, leaning on the wall as you punched a Rake in the face before catching another one's arm before it struck you. "And because it's magic, your skin and clothes won't burn, and there's no smoke" he finished, hoping he'd convinced you.
'And you couldn't have told me that earlier? When I pitched that idea and could've escaped?' You questioned, realising how much more of a problem the situation had become.
"I could've, but I just forgot" he 'explained' lazily, as you kicked a returning Rake into a wall.

Headbutting the Rake who's arm you currently held, you took a few steps back and tried to concentrate where you wanted the fire to go. Although, your time to think was cut short when a Rake with a bleeding nose and horrible balance came crashing in your direction. It was the one you landed on, and it was mad. It was very very mad. As it swung at you in a blind rage, it was hard to dodge despite it having the balance of a 4-year-old walking on its fingers. As its claws missed you by mere inches with every swing, you found it harder and harder to both avoid the attacks from the foe in front of you and those of the pair that weren't as injured. "Tick tock, hostage, your time is running out" Nightmare said smugly, reminding you of a certain clock-eyed girl.