Learning To Love Him 39

Start from the beginning

We all watched Kyle and Finn silently as they stared at Kaden.

"He looks nice." Rita's mumble was immediately met by a low, jealous growl from Trent that made me chuckle.

"So... there he is... Do you believe us now?" Hayley asked stepping forward but Kyle immediately backed away seemingly snapping out of his trance, his wide eyes moving to her.

"What the fuck are you?! No, Finn –" He shoved his brother behind his back when Finn began to reach out to touch Kaden, "Don't touch it." He said.

"He won't bite you, he's still Kaden," Jayden said carefully.

"Kyle –" Hayley began.

"Shh –" he cut her off as he gave a dry laugh while running his quivering hands over his face, "Be quiet..." He mumbled.

I noticed that he hadn't gone completely ballistic yet and was slightly impressed although wary. Was he good or was he saving it for later? They all reacted differently, usually there was more screaming and running for their lives though. Maybe he was in denial? Wait, was he sweating? I squinted my eyes at the beads glistening on Kyle's temple.

Finn seemed too awe-struck and terrified to make a sound as he just opened his mouth and shut it again continuously like a fish out of water while staying behind his older brother.

"I-I don't know how you did that –" Kyle said when he was done having his 'moment', "But stop it. And could you let us leave? I mean, it's really cool and everything, but I'm kind of freaking out here – you can't see it, but I am. And uh..." Kyle let out a breath, his eyes looked crazy, "I –" he was cut off by a growl and everyone turned to see who it was but at the same time we heard something crash to the ground.

"Finn?!" Jayden's eyes widened.

Kyle turned to his brother and I couldn't help but laugh at Finn's unconscious body on the ground, Trent, Zeke and Sean laughed along with me while Izabella shot us a disapproving glare. How could we not laugh though? Finn's skin had gone ghostly pale before he fainted. I would have thought he was dead had I not known better.

"Why, daddy?" She frowned at the wolf that had growled. Ian was surrounded by Marcus, Cole and a wolf from our army, they were in human form except the Alpha.

'It seemed like fun.' He growled and it only made me laugh more.

"Oh my God –!" Kyle was starting to freak out now. It probably had something to do with Ian's size. He was huge and just looked incredibly dangerous. Trent grabbed Kyle's shoulders turning the human to him.

"Calm down." He spoke staring directly into the pair of terrified, wide eyes and just like that Kyle seemed to go completely calm, maybe too much but he was calm so it was cool.

"What do we –?" Hayley was cut off by Ian shifting, while immediately tugging on the pants Cole had brought for him before the Alpha stared at us looking shocked.

I was confused as he walked towards us but when he walked right by me, I knew what he was so startled by.

"Adan...?" He whispered slowly taking hold of Adan's arms. He stared at his hands on his son's biceps as if wondering if he was really holding onto them or just imagining it.

"Hi, Dad." Adan smiled although his eyes had teared up.

"How are you here...? How-how is this happening?" Ian whispered as he patted Adan's arms seemingly still unconvinced.

"Well, Jayden brought me back with the help of the witch, Bianca. So here I am. Alive." Adan smiled taking hold of one of his father's hands as if to prove that fact. I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one stunned when Ian suddenly punched Adan in the gut, it wasn't hard enough to make him fall to his knees in pain, but Adan had the air knocked out of him and bent over with a cough. "W-What was that?" He coughed as he clutched his stomach.

"The next time I tell you to be careful in a battle, you better listen to me. Damn it, Adan!" Ian said.

I raised my eyebrows as Adan began laughing while still clutching his stomach and Ian pulled him into a tight hug.

Yeah, Izabella's family had always been weird.

I heard Cole chuckle.

"So, who are the other people?" He asked.

"That's Rita, she's Trent's mate and part of Joe's pack. This is Kyle... a... uh... friend." I glanced at Hayley and Cole nodded understandingly, "That's Finn, Jayden's friend. And this –" I patted Zeke's shoulder, "Is the newest addition to our pack, Zeke." I grinned.

"Oh? New addition?" Ian smiled, "Well, I'm Ian, Alpha of the Galaxy pack, this is Cole, my Beta, Marcus is a Warlock, he's stuck here until his apartment's fixed back in Beijing. This is a soldier of ours, Henry. Welcome to the pack, Zeke." Ian patted Zeke's shoulder, probably to read his power.

"What? I mean... Just-just like that?" Zeke asked surprised, "Isn't there... an initiation process or something?"

"Well, we will have to formally introduce you to the pack, but I'm sure you'll fit right in," Ian said.

"But... You're not going to interrogate me or anything?" Zeke asked.

"No. I trust Junior's judgement." Ian ruffled my hair and I glared at him while Sean laughed.

"I feel like I should be freaking out right now... But I also feel numb... and my head feels kind of light... Finn?" Kyle's voice had us turning back to him. He looked dazed as he stared down at his brother.

We looked at Trent who shrugged. "Hey, it calmed him down. If numbness is a side effect, at least he's not hyperventilating."

"True." Sean nodded.

"Alright, someone get Finn off the ground and let's head back," Ian said.

I grabbed Finn, easily tugging his limp body off the grass before swinging him onto Kaden's back.

"It is your fault he fainted." I smiled as the wolf gave a low growl at me.

"No, actually it's Alpha Ian's fault," Jayden said.

Ian chuckled. "Yes, it is. Don't drop him, Kaden. Humans get head injuries very easily." He said.

*****