Learning To Love Him 32

*****

*Corey*

"Ian says we should get some bus tickets, he's depositing the money into Izzy's bank account," I said returning the phone to my pocket.

"Great. If the bus drives straight through we should be home in about two days," Sean sighed in relief.

I glanced over at Jayden to see him seated on the couch beside Adan and Hayley. He had not said a word to me or Kaden since before we got onto that bus. Hayley mumbled something that made all three of them begin to laugh amongst themselves and I felt a little jealous. Everyone had just chosen to forget about the incident before the bus came, I was happy Jayden didn't seem too rattled by it beyond being pissed at me. Though, I was slightly annoyed Hayley was the one that had made him laugh and not me.

"What are you laughing about?" Izabella narrowed her eyes at them.

"Nothing." The trio responded in unison. The reply did exactly what I expected, it made everyone else in the room suspicious of them. They were so childish.

"Hey, Jay. We have no TV." Trent said. It was true. We had rented a lousy little motel room and three others beside it because there was a max of two beds in each one – no sharing allowed. There was no TV – not even a radio in any of them. Nothing but beds, a lot of boredom and a stale odour filled these rooms. We had to open all the windows to breathe properly, at least the price suited the condition, and thus we could actually afford it for the night.

"Oh...? Why are you telling me this?" Jayden asked confused.

"Well... Make some music." Izabella smiled.

"Yeah, sing." Rita sat up.

"I wouldn't... Besides... My guitar blew up." Jayden's voice lowered when he mentioned the guitar. It made me purse my lips, I had not noticed. I felt bad for not noticing that something obviously very important to him was gone.

"You don't need a guitar, come on, Jay. Sing. Just this once?" Rita pushed.

"Nah." Jayden glanced at me, immediately averting his eyes to the carpet when they met mine. I chuckled. It was adorable when he reacted to my watching him like that.

"Come on, Jay." Sean said.

Jayden shook his head in response but everyone pretended not to see that and began to speak as if he had agreed. It would have irritated me, but he did not look upset and I wanted to hear him sing as well.

"How about an Olly Murs song?" Izabella asked.

"Who's Olly Murs?" Jayden voiced my thoughts.

"Yeah, who is that?" Adan asked looking at his sister questioningly.

Izabella rolled her eyes and tossed her phone at Jayden whose hands were basically butter because the phone slipped right through them and landed on Adan's lap. Jayden looked adorably embarrassed while apologising as we laughed. Adan just chuckled handing him the phone before he played the song. It was a jolly, upbeat kind of song... kinda fun.

"Why don't we just play the song?" Jayden asked.

"Because we have you!" Hayley said. Jayden rolled his eyes before he began doing something on Izabella's phone, his fingers tapping the screen quickly.

"'...Name is Olly'... But my name isn't Olly." Jayden looked up.

"Just sing, damn it." I grinned as Kaden faked a glare at his best friend.

"Fine!" Jayden rolled his eyes.

I leaned back against the wall crossing my arms as he began playing the backtrack.