Learning To Love Him 13

*****

*Jayden*

Everyone had gone to sleep and I was stuck nursing the drunken Corey. It was about three in the morning, we had found him by following my pull to some club quite far from the house. He had been asleep at the bar and I had gotten slightly jealous seeing the bartender watching him fondly when we showed up, I didn't show that of course. She had even checked to make sure we were his friends before she let us take him. When we woke him, he was still too drunk to even walk and Trent basically carried him home.

"Jayyy." Corey slurred. I had a feeling he was far from passing out, and yet he was too drunk to even stand. How...?

"Yeah?" We were in the bathroom, I was waiting for him to throw up or something, anything. I wasn't going to let him into the room because then he would make the floor dirty and I had no doubt I would be forced to clean it since I had been involuntarily but unanimously chosen to watch him.

"I... I... Kissed someone..." He slurred. I bit my lip. Why was he telling me this?

"Oh?" I questioned uncertain of what else to say.

"I'm sorrryyy." He leaned his head on my shoulder as he swung his arms around my neck. I tried not to fall back, he was pretty heavy, or maybe it was my small frame and lack of physical strength.

"It's uh... Okay?" I patted his back gently after steading myself on my knees.

"I... I like you... Yoouu... Yoouu're nice..." He mumbled.

"Uh... Thanks?" I gave an awkward smile. What was I supposed to say to him? Wait... He likes me? No, no. He's just crazy drunk right now.

"Wanna know – wanna know whyyy I... I don't like you?" He whispered. Well, he just said he liked me – wait what? I froze realising what he had asked.

"Sure," I said swallowing.

I tried to steady us as he leaned close to my ear. "It's not... It's nooot whaaat you thiiink." He whispered.

"It isn't?" I mumbled. I thought it was the fact that I was gay and mated to him.

"Nope." I almost burst out laughing when he gave a light boop on my nose before he sighed, "I..." He drifted as his eyes fell on my neck. "Is-is that a scar? Why do you have a scar?" I wanted to shout in frustration. He was just about to answer the question! Did drinking affect his attention span?! Well, obviously.

"No, no scar. You were saying why you don't like me." I said.

"I wa – was I?" He mumbled before he gulped. Ah, crap.

I shoved him around just in time for him to empty his guts into the toilet in front of us. I knew it was a good idea to stay in the bathroom. I rubbed his back lightly as he threw up before running my hand into his hair. It was messier than usual, it was soft and curled around my fingers. I pushed it back so his forehead was clear of hair and I could see his face completely. He looked like a mess... and yet... he was perfect. How could he be so perfect?

When he was done I tried to help him up but instead, he laid down on the floor pulling me down with him.

"Corey," I chuckled, "This is not your room –" I tried to explain.

"Shh!" He cut me off as he laid his hands on my shoulder, "I'm tired... teddy bears shouldn't talk when someone is trying to sleep." He mumbled.

"Teddy bears?" I asked, confused.

"Shh, bad Teddy!" He hissed. I shut up. He even sounded threatening when he was drunk, sleepy and cute.

"It's uncomfortable on the floor," I whispered trying to give him a reason to let me take him to bed.