Secret Chapter 3.

Secret Chapter 3.

*****

*Corey*

I glanced at Jayden while driving and sighed internally seeing him stare out the window as he gripped onto my hand. When I first took hold of his hand, he protested saying I needed my hand to drive but after having convinced him to take it, his grip had not even loosened for a second. In fact, it felt like he was clinging to me for dear life.

"Babe, it will be alright." I said shifting my eyes from him to the road and back. He glanced at me and gave a half-hearted smile before looking back out of the window. I wished I knew what was going on in his head at the moment. I could not read his mind, but he was also blocking me from linking to him, probably just in case he linked to me by mistake.

Every time I saw Jayden so afraid or isolated I wished I had kept Mike alive longer, just to give him the pain he deserved.

Not wanting to continue bothering him or making it harder for him, I gave up trying to talk to Jayden about where we were going and opted for focusing on the road while squeezing his hand as my mind drifted to a conversation we had had a couple of months ago.

-----Flashback----

I had grown to not hate Finn as much as in the past, but that didn't mean I liked him. He was... cute? Definitely would not say that out loud. He was nice, funny and weird in a way that made people want to pay attention when he did or said something because it could either end up being genius or he could set something alight or badly insult someone by mistake, which was hilarious so it was always fun to be around someone so unpredictable.

He still acted touchy, but that was another thing that was just Finn. He was touchy with everyone. Still, Jayden was way more comfortable with his touching than mine and since we had been together for four months now it had completely gotten to me. It just seemed like he was so much more comfortable with everyone else than he was with me... I guess I could not blame him after how we started out. Maybe visiting that lake was just wishful thinking...

"Corey." I looked at Jayden as he called out to me causing Jason and Zeke to look at me as well. I was at my house with Jason, Zeke, my mate and some of his friends watching a movie, "You okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" My voice decided to project the complete opposite of what had been said and I shook my head as the guys raised their brows, "I'm going to bed – no, a run." I announced as stood up and walked out of the front door.

I heard someone following me as I headed down the sidewalk but didn't look back to see who it was. It was obvious who was behind me because I could feel them and just their presence excited and riled up my wolf.

"Wait up." Jayden called.

"I can't." I replied, "Go back." Wasn't my leaving an indication that I wanted to be alone?

"Corey, what are you angry about?" Jayden asked running up to my side before slowing to a jog as he tried to keep up with me, it would have made me laugh had I not been so upset.

"Nothing." I muttered.

He gave a low growl as he grabbed my wrist to stop our movement before letting go. My brows rose at him. Did he just growl at me? I'm still a beta, even if we are mated. No one growled at me, whether part of my pack or not.

"What are you angry about?" He repeated. I frowned at him. How did I say this without sounding pushy or overstepping? I did not want to make him uncomfortable, but he was asking...

"Why don't you have a problem with him touching you? It's... upsetting... Every time I'm near you, you push me away. You don't do that with Finn or our friends..." I said feeling my heart pick up anxiously. The reaction felt weird but I brushed it off as my not usually being so honest with people or even myself about what I was feeling. It sucked that he clearly still did not feel comfortable with me. "Why, Jayden?" He was quiet for a few seconds but I waited patiently until he spoke.