IQ 148 // namjoonxviolet 🥵

Getting Joon's attention isn't difficult, per se. But keeping it? That was the challenge.

Not that he has a short attention span or he isn't a good boyfriend. He's just busy. Busier than any of my other boyfriends. Between dealing with the company, writing music, producing music, and trying to work on his own solo projects, it's rare to get him all to myself for an afternoon. So it's just my luck that I find him lounging in his bedroom when I go upstairs to gather any wet towels from his and Taehyung's shared bathroom.

"Joonie," I coo from the doorway of his room.

Namjoon looks up from his place on the bed and smiles, setting his open book on his lap.

"Hi, Vi. What are you up to?"

I shake my head. "Nothing much. I'm surprised to see you here."

He nods. "Needed a day off. Where is everyone else?"

"Jimin is about to leave to go to dance rehearsal. Jungkook is with his trainer. Jinnie is in his room playing PC games. Yoongs is at his studio. And Hobi and Tae have gone out to hang with friends. What are you doing?"

Namjoon taps the book draped across his thighs. "Reading."

"Want some company?" I ask, my voice light and almost babyish.

He nods. "Always."

I close the door and bound to the bed to bounce down beside him, causing him to laugh. Then I snuggle up next to him, placing my head on his chest as he picks up his book to resume reading.

"Whatcha reading?" I quiz, looking at the words that I obviously can't decipher.

"A book about modern design and architecture and how it's inspired by functionality, a subset of minimalism."

My eyes go wide. "Oh. Sounds...riveting."

He chuckles and then turns to leave a kiss on my forehead. "I'll read to you."

"But it's in..." I peer at the characters. Not Korean, and definitely not English.

"Japanese," he answers. "And it's ok. I'll translate for you. And there are pictures."

"Ok."

Namjoon starts to read in his head then translates for me out loud, and while it must be a mind-numbing, exhausting task, he seems to be enjoying himself. I love seeing him get excited about art and all his various interests. He's such a modern-day renaissance man, and it doesn't hurt that he's a literal genius. However, I am not. Far from it. And soon enough, I grow bored and begin to fidget.

"Stay still," he gently commands, and something inside me stirs at the stern yet soft tone of his voice.

I do as he says but only last five minutes before I'm leaning up to press my lips to his neck and collarbone. He smells good. Masculine and fresh and woodsy. I run my tongue up his throat and am met with a squeeze to my hip.

"What are you doing?" Namjoon asks darkly.

"Bored," is all I manage to squeak out.

"Jjing-jjingi, I told you to be still."

"But I don't understand any of this, so it's boring to me," I whine. "I need something else to do."

Namjoon lifts a brow and then I think he goes back to silently reading. But while his eyes are trained on the page, his hand snakes down to gingerly unbutton his pants. Then, without missing a beat, he pulls them and his boxer briefs down to mid-thigh, just enough so he can unsheathe his semi-hard cock.