nineteen- le prep

June 13, 2020

8:37 PM

"Noah, that's him," Olivia called, Sam setting her down from his back as she lost her view into the crowd. "By baggage, I just saw him. I swear, it's him and Shayne."

"I know," Noah smiled, looking down at his phone before shoving it into his pocket. "Let's go get our stuff and our boys."

The four strode over to the baggage claim, the girls seizing their suitcases and Noah grabbing his enormous duffel. However, a pair of dark hands were already holding the handle.

"Hey, you," a surprisingly high voice sounded.

"Hey, yourself," Noah murmured, eyes glancing up to see a very cute, very excited boy. Keith was beaming as much as the pale boy was certain he was, both fumbling for each other in a teary hug. "Okay, the girls are going to kill me if we don't get going to Tim's car, but wow, I'm so happy right now."

"I think it'll be a couple of minutes," Keith chortled. "Look at Courtney." Noah turned around, still hugging his boyfriend, and did a double-take. Before Shayne even said hi, he had apparently kissed Courtney, and they were now leaning against the baggage dump.

"Get a room, bitches," Sam yelled, slapping Shayne's head with Olivia's purse. "Tim's waiting, Liv and friends."

"Fine," Courtney whined, pulling away from Shayne as Olivia (having gotten her purse back) tugged on her arm. "We'll see you guys at 3, I think. Have fun!" Regretting the loss of contact immediately, Noah separated from Keith, waving as he followed the girls to Tim (waving a piece of paper with Boze's Friends scrawled on it) in the lobby.

In the car, Boze's cousin didn't try to talk; instead he was listening to music with his earbuds jammed in tightly. Olivia texted the two other passengers about how unsafe this was, but neither of them cared. Rolling up to Boze's house was possibly the most exciting thing, and seeing a purple head of hair pop up at the window set Noah's heart into overdrive. They were doing this. They were here.

9:03 AM

olivia_sway: motherfuckers we have united

olivia_sway: boze's bathroom is so nice and i'm moving in, in this essay i will-

court_bort: ay dames what's your status

court_bort: road trip almost done? ;)

hahahaas: put that wink away there's nothing suspicious here

hahahaas: we get back from NM in an hour and i'm stopping at home then coming to your place topp dawg

topphatt: don't call me that you haaspital bracelet

leakthegeek2: get yo ass back in here put your phone down and pass the popcorn please and thank YOU

bbbabieboze: i am mandating a phone put down until we're almost ready the END put your phones AWAY or at least GET OFF THE GROUP CHAT AND INTO YOUR PROM CLOTHES GOODBYE

9:12 AM

"Hello!" Boze all but screamed as Courtney barrelled into her arms. "I fucking love you, oh my god," she whimpered as Courtney hugged the shorter girl.

"I love you more, Bozey," Courtney responded, growing teary as she squeezed her friend. "Can we stay here instead of going to prom?"

"No, you can't, because I think it's my turn to hug Boze," Noah screeched, basically tearing her away as he enveloped Boze in his embrace.

"Stop fighting over me, idiots! Why aren't we all hugging?" Boze squeaked, struggling for air. "Also, Noah, for such a spaghetti noodle little boy, you're freakishly strong and I can't breathe."