Chapter 67: Sulky Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

The first one was on Higgs Boson.

Tzuyu felt tranquility sweeping into her body. They'd studied the topic in one of her last Saturday classes, the lecture given being about two hours long, ending at around eight at night. She knew the answer to this one, and on top of that, she knew that she understood the topic well enough to add little details of her own. That'd surely earn her some extra credit. . . . She hoped.

Halfway through her sentence, her pen slipped from her sweaty grip. No one really paid it any mind, but Tzuyu's vision field was wide enough from her crouch to catch Jungkook looking back at her from the front row, having heard her sigh. His hands pulled out a pack of tissues from the pocket of his jeans.

She shook her head at him, her eyes being truthful enough to tell him that he was a hopeless case. He surely couldn't be thinking that he could come all the way from the front of the room to hand her tissues! And in the middle of an important exam, too!

He was crazy like that. No surprise there. But she couldn't help but love him even more.

Passing him a smile, she went back to her paper, wiping her palms on her jeans. She did catch him sending her a disapproving look but she claimed not to see it. She'd bet anything that his own hands were producing waterfalls of sweat right now. That tended to happen all the time when his under-worked fingers exceeded the limit of ten letters per day. Well, it happened to him in a much worse way than it did to most after writing ten sentences.

She said a silent prayer that it didn't slow him down and that he finished the exam in time.

It was just the two of them in the examination hall, along with Rosé, Sehun, and Yeri, including other students Tzuyu wasn't very familiar with. Most were exchange. The rest: Taehyung, Yugyeom, Kunpimook, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun, were either in the second one in the other wing or had already taken it with the first group in the morning. Tzuyu hadn't met with them the whole day. Each one of the students tried to push in as much time as they could for some last-minute reviewing so it was hard to stop by at someone's place for a little chat. It'd been happening this whole week, and the last, too.

In simpler words, it was hectic.

More sweat.

And . . . hot? She ran a hand over her forehead, now wishing that she had Jungkook's tissues.

Yeah, it sure was sultry in here.

Soon enough, Tzuyu realized that most of the sweat their pores were releasing wasn't from the apprehension for failing the year, but from the fact that the room actually didn't have any windows!

No wonder it was also a bit darker than the other hall, where she took her exams last year as a second-year and the year prior to that. This room was just a long rectangular excuse for a prison with white walls mostly hidden by black and white motivational quote posters, grey-tiled floor shrouded in scuff marks from over the years, and just one door in the far end of the room, to the right.

She gave herself a silent applaud under her desk for having noticed that just now. She'd been in here for over two hours now! And to think that she considered herself very observant . . .

Again she wiped her hands on her jeans. The oven-like atmosphere was really testing her patience. And not just hers, everyone's. Even Mr. Gong excused himself from the room to get a sniff of fresh air.

Her fingers raced across the paper a hundred miles per second, her hopes pinned on completing at least that question before another film of sweat settled over her skin.

Scribble, scribble. Scritch, scratch. The scratches of her pen mixed in with more pen tips as more students began to finish up their MCQs. The sound was getting in her head. She sighed and took deep breaths, either to calm herself or to release the tension building up inside her. The heat wasn't helping the case at all. She was careful to not look at the clock. The relentless ticking of the hands just made it worse.