Chapter 50: I'm Sorry

"Mina, how could you forget your date?!" Baekhyun scolded. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to where Jimin had just disappeared.

"I was just too excited. I had missed you so much!" Mina cried, her head twisting around as she looked for any signs of Jimin. "I'm sorry."

"Save that sorry for Jimin! Let's go find him!"

They followed Jimin's tracks and were off to a good start since they only one option to follow. The street Jimin had taken didn't have any intersections or any others streets. It went straight for almost a five minute walk and met the main road across from the park.

As they walked along the fences that divided the park and the curb, someone tapped Mina on the shoulder. It was a women, probably in her late fifties. It was the same lady who had been standing near a public call booth. She kept switching glances at Mina and something that she was holding in her hand. Mina had felt so awkward walking past her, having no idea why was she doing that.

"Are you, perhaps, looking for a boy?" she asked with a smile. It was warm one, but it gave Mina creeps.

"Uh, y-yeah," was Mina's shaky reply. "How did you know? Did you see him? Do you know where he is now?"

"I saw him entering the park," the lady said, still smiling. Ahh~ young love these days.  "He . . . was crying."

Mina didn't say anything, just nodded.

"Umm, he dropped this when he bumped into me." She held out her hand, and laying on her palm was a photograph. It was of Mina in her penguin onesie. Jimin had taken it at a pyjama party without her knowing. "I thought the girl in the picture looked like you. Sorry for staring at you like that."

Mina took the photograph

Mina took the photograph. She pressed the woman's hand gently, showing her thanks. "No need for that," she said softly. "You've been a big help. Thank you. You don't know how much I owe."

"Aww~" the older one grinned. "You don't. Good luck, that's all I want to say." She caressed Mina's cheek. Giving her hand one last pat, she left.

The two watched her go when suddenly Baekhyun's phone rang. "It's Irene," he informed, accepting the call. "Hey, babe . . . Oh, I'm with Mina . . . Yeah, I'm really happy . . . Now? Okay, I'll be there." He hung up and looked at Mina apologetically. "Sorry, I have to go. Irene needs help with some stuff. She wants me to buy something for, ugh, an event."

"It's fine," she said. "I'll look for him myself. Let's just hope he's still there."

"I hope he doesn't take it too seriously. It was just a misunderstanding. I mean, why would someone this cool (that's me) date a penguin brat like you?"

"Yah!"

"I still have the bruises on my arm, you know."

"You deserved it . . ."