Chapter 17: Detention

Tzuyu was supposed to stay after school today to help with the party organizations. Sometimes it sucked being in student council. She would probably miss out the whole scene of Jungkook being scolded by his hyungs. Urgh!

Trying not to get too upset, she took a shower and wore this:

She had so much work ahead of her that she totally forgot about last night

She had so much work ahead of her that she totally forgot about last night. She had a quick breakfast of coffee and waffles and left half an hour early. The council had called a quick meeting before classes start. She didn't like going to the meetups anymore. Jihyo was the president last year and she at least made it fun. The president elected this year was... meh.

On her way, she saw her unnies going there, too, as well as some other girls. The council mostly consisted of girls. Tzuyu thought it was a pretty good thing since boys don't take a lot of things seriously.

When all the members were seated around the big table, the president began the meeting.

"Good morning, folks. So as you guys know, we're hosting an upcoming first-years' welcome party. We had already started setting everything up in the gym yesterday. But since yesterday's meet up was unexpected, not a great deal of you guys showed up. And, since we were short of individuals, we couldn't get much decorating done.

"So today, all of you are expected to help out today in some way. Each of you will get an assigned task, or maybe a couple."

Someone raised their hand.

"Yes?"

"Can we switch with someone afterward?

"You may. But you can't force someone to exchange with you," replied the president.

"Yes."

"And if your task is easier or quicker, you'll get another. We really need to hurry up. We only have today and tomorrow to decorate the gym. Please, all of you try to be there. So, any questions?"

Everyone just looked at her. Probably nervous about their task.

"No? Well, okay then. We'll get the important ones assigned first. Here we go!" She took out a clipboard from the cabinet behind her.

"So, first up is... actually are... Yeri and Dahyun. Yeri and Dahyun, you have to... you are to survey the students for the party snacks and drinks. Get at least a list of fifty different ones. We need you to be quick because we have to place the order by tomorrow."

"Fifty different ones?! Isn't that too much?" groaned Dahyun.

"At least fifty different ones. Okay, so next up is Minnie. Your job is to make a list of equipment we might be short of. You may ask other council members if they need anything. Most of what you need might be available in the storage room.

"Making sure that the decorations are in place... I'll give that to Tzuyu. Chaeyoung, you may help her. This is probably the most important one. We don't need a last minute disaster, right? "