Chapter 58: I'm Trying

"What?!" one of them yelled. Whose mouth it came from, it was hard to tell. An unendurable buzzing began to spread its way through their ears. Just those two sentences were enough for each of them to piece the recent events together.

Jungkook's rudeness . . .

Tzuyu's coldness . . .

It all made sense. Their minds unraveled as the puzzles fit together and the answers came to them.

Expecting rapport from the other, they felt unimaginable anger burst through them instead. This was all so stupid! They could've worked it all out days ago! And maybe even broken up, but at least they didn't have to go through the worst way possible of a damaged relationship, challenging their fragile feelings and virgurous emotions like that for no reason at all.

Silence, once again, occupied the room, but its reign didn't last long.

They both cleared their throats at the same time, but then whipped their gaze deep into each other's eyes, as if accusing the other of intended mimicking.

Jungkook cracked his neck in a menacing manner. The sickening sound of his bones bounced off the walls and reverberated into their ears. "Why did you go there?" he growled, his throat vibrating in husky, guttural sounds. He let go off her as she was already wriggling to fully face him. The gap would've been a little too close for their likings if he hadn't.

Instead of returning an answer to his question, Tzuyu asked one of her own."What is going on between you two?" she hissed back, glaring burns straight into his eyes.

The questions caught them both off guard. A staring competition took off, each gazing into each other's eyes as if the answer laid there. Each was contemplating whether to take on with their argument first and get this over with, but at the same time, challenging the other to speak up.

To Jungkook's relief, it was Tzuyu who dropped her gaze first. To dab her eyes. Those stupid tears felt pathetic compared to her rage. And he could tell just by the dancing fire behind those pupils. Now feeling embarrassed about breaking down like that himself, Jungkook raised his hands to wipe his own. But to his desires' bad luck, more tears slipped out and he felt utterly powerless to stop them.

Sighing in defeat, he harshly pushed her aside when his legs demanded refuge on his bed. That quick touch had send a sheet of shock up his body and also a feeling that this would hurt her even more than the throw in the car did.

It did. Tzuyu gaped at him, astonished. The way her heart was clenching together was suffocating her. He had never made a skin contact with her that was meant to hurt her like this. And this push, she knew, was out of pure outrage and pique. She turned to leave the room, slamming her hand down on the dressing table to indicate her indignation before she began walking. A good break down would do her some good. It'll give her back some strength after she let out all the softness in her heart and the sorrowful regret. Nothing could stop her from escaping his insufferable presence.

Ironically, it was his voice that did. "Who said you could leave this room, Chou Tzuyu!" Jungkook husked, standing up again. Wobbling to gain balance, he let those words settle into ears, but yet again, she turned the door knob. "Don't," he said again, "you dare think about it!"

"Huh," Tzuyu said, puffing out her cheeks. That puffing could've  either been a sigh from her frustration and anger or a sigh of shyness that she felt from standing this close to his shirtless self. He looked as hot as a fresh roll of steaming bun. Tasty! Sweat dripped down his torso, running down his chest like maple syrup on newly baked bread, then trailing it's way down his defined abs. She gulped to hide an even more worsened form of an embarrassing expression that was about to rule over her face as the atmosphere around them grew even steamier.