Chapter 36: I Thought I Was

Tzuyu stared at the screen in front of her, dumbstruck. No, this can't be happening. Now the whole school would put us under the spotlight! Why does life has to be so complicated? Oh, Lord!

She had watched the video several times on repeat. Her phone was overflowing with notifications from social media. Every person present during the scene had posted the same video everywhere. Great!

But this one person, Tzuyu didn't know who, said to not let this scoop get out of the school. So no one was supposed to know about it if they're not in this school. But she wasn't about to bother with the thanks, because instead of telling them to stop spreading the drama around, he or she basically just told them that it's okay if everyone in the campus knows. Like really? Has anyone asked Tzuyu or Jungkook if they're okay with it? Well, of course not! Why would they? Because hers and his answer is obviously going to be no.

She didn't understand that why wasn't anybody talking about Lisa. It was her whom Jungkook was shouting at. It was her about whom the whole thing was about. It was her who was told how terrible a human being she was. It was her who was embarrassed in front of everyone. But why wasnt anyone talking about her? Why wasn't she the hot topic for this week? Why wasn't anyone pointing fingers at her? Too afraid that she'd be after their lives and reputation next? Definitely.

There was a limit to being shameless, but these people have crossed that line. They were shamelessly asking both Tzuyu and Jungkook why didn't they tell everyone about their relationship, why did they keep it a secret. She was tired off telling them that there was nothing like that. But phones with the whole conversation from the beginning to the end recorded on them were always shoved in her face.

She didn't know about it then, but here she was now, in an unoccupied classroom, watching the whole thing without being interrupted and asked stupid questions. Too afraid to know other people's opinions, she skipped reading the comments, though she was told by a bunch that they would look cute together. Others, siding with Queen Lisa, told her to stop using Jungkook for attention. Like who would want attention from people like these?

Sighing, she slammed her phone down on the nearest desk. Tears threatened to fall out of her eyes but she refrained from crying. She couldn't cry! That would mean she's just being weak when she could go up to their faces and tell them that it's not true. That her and Jungkook are not together.... and never will be. She could tell them that it was Jungkook who was making moves on her when she was just trying to stay away from him.

But then, she couldn't leave Jungkook in all that mess even though he was the one who created it. Who told him to start yelling out that he preferred Tzuyu, the girl he used to loath, over someone he's been dating for years? She knew that Lisa might've had said something really intoralable about her to make Jungkook burst out like that. He'd been getting really protective of her these past days, but was always told to mind his own business everytime.

But for some reason, having these thoughts made Tzuyu smile. Maybe they were destined to live together for a while so she could feel the love of someone who could, one day be the family she never had. But that was only if she chose to be with him whenever he was expressing his affection towards her. But that was just taking it too far. Maybe it was just her bad luck.

And now, she wasn't even sure if he any affection left for her anymore, not that she cared. She was happy leading a single life for now because she knew that it wasn't time for her to find a true love just yet. Love in these young ages never lasted long, though she still wished that her unnies would stay with their men. She could see the happiness in their faces whenever they're with their boyfriends as clear as glass.