"I'd love to." I replied cheerfully, recalling the memories of the fun I had at the track last time.

"Great, we can head straight over from here."

"Sure, I have a change of clothes out the back still anyway." I said, tilting my head towards the back, "Can't be getting grease stains on those gorgeous seats." I teased.

He laughed and shook his head, a renewed sense of energy and fun flowing through him, bringing colour to his cheeks and a sparkle in his eyes. Deciding to make the most out of the positive atmosphere, I swayed a little to the music, smiling at him as I swished my hips a little more and reached out to him.

"Nooo." He said, dragging it out as he raised his hands and went to step back.

I was too fast for him though, capturing his hand and holding him in place.

"Come on, you know you want to." I whispered playfully.

His brows arched as he looked at me, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, yet he didn't move. Just as I rolled my eyes, ready to comment on his stubbornness, he tugged me forwards, causing me to squeak in surprise. Twirling my hand making me to spin into him, landing against his firm torso.

"I knew there was a dancer in there somewhere." I breathed, my lips only inches from his as I looked up into his crystal blue eyes.

He chuckled slightly, then leant in kissing me slowly and tenderly. I quickly became lost in the kiss, barely even registering the way that we held each other, moving in a slow sway side to side. The music disappeared, our bodies following the loudest beat of all, our hearts.

Darkness fell and we changed into clean clothes. Jett drove the car out whilst I locked up, pulling my black jacket on and dusting down my jeans as I walked to the car, and slid into the passenger seat.

It was nice being back at the track. The freedom that came from moving at that speed was intoxicating. I wound down the window a little as Jett accelerated, taking off into another lap, the night air was cold and refreshing. I closed my eyes, breathing it in and catching the slight smell of fuel that lingered from our previous lap. The car began to slow as we neared the finish line again, then came to a stop. Jett left the engine running and opened the door. I nearly leapt out of my seat as I realised it was my turn to drive. He'd barely done up his seatbelt as I pushed my foot down, sending us rocketing forwards. The track blurred into a mass of colour as the speed climbed and climbed. I loved how the car drove, such elegance, it was like flying.

Many laps later, I was slowing down, ready to hand control back to Jett, when he turned to me.

"How about you drive us back?"

Not even answering, I beamed at him and spun the wheel, taking us towards the exit, Jett laughing at my side as I took us back out onto the main road. The drive back to the garage went too fast for my liking, I already looked forward to the next time I could be behind the wheel.

"Pull up inside, I need to fill her up." Jett said, jumping out as I stopped outside.

He moved to the doors, pulling them open and stepping aside for me to reverse in. Once parked, I climbed out standing and leaning against the car, my arms crossed on the roof whilst Jett picked up a fuel can and began to pour it into the car. I walked around the back and came to a stop next to him.

"Thanks for letting me drive."

He kissed my cheek tenderly, closing the fuel cap and putting the can on the trolley behind him.

"You're welcome. You looked so happy back there, I was enjoying it too much to stop it."

I was touched by the sweet sentiment, and kissed him again, smiling against his lips.