Chapter 34

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep 

I opened my eyes as the beeping sound pulled me out of my sleep. The brightness of the room caused me to shut my now watering eyes. It took a solid second for my eyes to get used to the white walls, while ceiling and the bright lights. I grew more and more confused as I looked around. I was in a bed, a rather uncomfortable one, and I was hooked up to a machine of some sort. I tried to roll over in bed, causing a weird feeling to appear in my hand. I looked down, seeing a needle in it, I was hooked up on some drip. It then all suddenly came back. 

I'd been in a car crash. 

I swallowed, looking around the room once again. No one was here. No one'd come to see how I was feeling. No one cared enough about me.

I let out a chuckle. I couldn't be so sure of that, maybe they didn't know yet. I sat up, feeling pleasantly surprised as nothing hurt. A nurse then walked into the room. She was long, thin yet curvy, the perfect amount of feminine, gorgeous. Everything I wasn't. I shook my head, this was not the moment to get all self-deprecating. 

"So, (Y/n), you woke up sooner than we expected." I swallowed, looking up at her as I nodded. "Y-Yeah... Do you need the contact info for my parents or-" She shook her head, sighing. "No, we've got all of that covered. How do you think we got your name?" She opened the door she'd entered through, waving her hand as to signalize that I should follow her. So I did, after pulling the needle out I stood up, following her out. I could hear laughing as I exited the room, causing me to swallow. This was quite eerie in a way. 

"Here." She opened yet another room, leading me into a small waiting room. The atmosphere immediately changed, it was more light hearted, careless and happy. Everyone was there, Stan and the other guys, Wendy, Nichole, Vicky, Kyle and my parents. They were all there, waiting for me!

"M-Mom! D-Dad!" I yelled, but neither one of them looked back. I tried again, yelling even louder, but my yelling got drowned out by their loud conversations and laughing. I guess they tried not to think about the fact that I'd been in a coma... 

"H-Hey" I said as I'd made my way over to them, but they still didn't look at me. Instead they just all turned towards Vicky. "Oh my god Vic, you did not!" I furrowed my brows at the way Wendy spoke, was she serious right now? "I totally did." I rolled my eyes, bitch. She always needed all of the attention to be on her, even when I was the one who'd been in an accident. I grabbed a chair, pulling it over to where they sat so that I wouldn't get left out. "H-Hey... I'm awake now... I'm okay..." They still ignored me. 

What's going on. 

"Hey, Kyle, now that (Y/n)'s out of the picture and all, let's just go out. I know you like me." I felt my heart drop at her words. What'd she mean now that I was out of the picture... Was I-

"You two would look lovely together, don't you think so honey?" "Mhm." I looked over at my mom and dad, what were they sayin- 

"Sure." 

I snapped my  head in the direction of were Kyle was sitting. "Are you serious!?" I stood up, walking over to him. "I get into one accident and you immediately leave me." He didn't say a thing, let alone look at me. "I'm still here you know." He still didn't as much as look in my direction. "You said you wouldn't leave me unless I told you to-" I grabbed his shoulders, causing him to suddenly disappear. "Wha-?" I tried to do the same with mom, dad, Stan and Nichole, but they all disappeared as well. Everyone then disappeared without me even having to touch them, as well as the room. I now stood there, in total darkness. 

"What's happening?" I felt my heart jump when I heard footsteps comming from behind me. I turned around, only to see the nurse. I'm sorry (Y/n) but no one came to see you." I swallowed as I took a step back, trying to get away from her. She was behaving differently... She then walked away again, causing me to yell at her. "H-Hey! Wait!" I needed answers, she couldn't just leave me like this. "You have to tell me what's happening!" I tried to follow her but she was gone. I was all alone, all alone in the darkness.

"NO!"

I quickened my pace, running towards where I thought she'd disappeared to. It was hard to know where to run as everything was black.

(Y/n)!

I flinched, turning towards where the voice came from. I then took a deep breath before running. But I didn't make it anywhere. Everything was still black. I was stuck.

(Y/n)! No one came to see you.

There it was again. The voice of the nurse. I began running again, I refuse to give up.

"Fuck!"

I ran into an invisible wall, falling to the black floor. It still didn't hurt.

Nothing hurt.

I was really dead, wasn't I?

Did that mean that this was heaven? Hell? The darkness you see when you die?

-er pulse is quickening-

I stood up, now noticing that there were walls all around me. I was stuck in a box, and it was closing in on me, getting smaller and smaller. I tried to stop it from getting smaller, but I couldn't. I was too weak, I'd always been too weak.

I fell to my knees, I couldn't believe this. I was dead.

(Y/N)!

I shook my head, burying it in my hands. I can't handle the voice, not now. I'd been too weak to ignore this voice from the start. This voice was what killed me. I was dead because of this god damn voice.

DON'T BLAME ME. IT'S YOUR FAULT!

It was right, it was me that got in a fight with Kyle. It was me that tried to trust Vicky again. It was me that got in the car even though I'd had too much to drink. It was my fault that I died, the voice just stated the facts.

-Nurse!-

NO ONE'S MISSING YOU

It was right once again, no one was missing me. What I saw was probably something that happened after I died. No one of my friends was missing me, my parents were as happy as ever and Kyle moved on. He's dating Vicky now. I can't blame him. They really make a great couple...

I just wish...

I just wish that I would've mattered a little bit more.

I felt tears stream down my face. It all hit me. I was dead, I'd never get to see them again. They didn't even miss me. They hadn't even come to the hospital to say goodbye, if that's even what happened.

My last moment with Kyle was that he asked me what my problem was.

My last moment with Kyle was that he saw me as a monster.