{20} The Not-So-Clear Truth

Start from the beginning

She didn't remember who the person that got her out of that forsaken river was, but she remembered Stein's twisted smile after that person had left. The memory of that day was like slamming that man's screw in her head and twisting it, why the hell didn't it hurt him when he did that? She was in pain just thinking of it twisting her brain into a pretzel.

Her chest was burning, even though she was fully clothed her hand could feel the heat coming from it under them. She knew for a fact she had no memory of 'that', but she was sure it had something to do with the river. Then again, her last scene of the memory had shown her Stein with a scalpel. Not a good dream to have and that man in her dreams reminded her about that movie. What was it called? She couldn't remember, but it had to do with some weirdo with knifes gutting the person in there dreams and they woke up gutted.

Could they wake up gutted? Gutted meant their stomach got slashed open and their guts spilled out and thus killed them, so there was no way they could wake up gutted, was there? She threw the idea to the side, Stein was definitely that weirdo.

“How are you feeling, Eevee?” Medusa's voice came from the door as it closed.

“Where's Curran?” Eevee asked without answering her question. “Why am I just lying here by myself?”

“Curran left a few seconds ago,” she asnwered with a smile that made Eevee's skin crawl. “Lie back down and I'll give you a check up to see if you can go, okay?”

Eevee frown. “No.” she threw the covers from her body and placed her feet on the ground. “I feel better now, much better. I need to go some place. Do you know if Kid's still here?”

She looked at her with a confused look, yet Eevee felt like the woman was glaring daggers at her. “No, Kid's not here anymore. He left seconds after Curran brought you from outside. Didn't even bother to come see if you were alright.”

This bit—damn woman was taunting her, but Eevee had to admit that last part made her heart hurt.

“Do you know where he is or where he went?” Eevee asked as calmly as possible so the nurse wouldn't register that the comment had stung.

“I'm sorry, but after your little lesson with Stein he just disappeared – ” Eevee ran out the room, not waiting for her to finish, “ – into thin air. What bad manners.”

The halls were empty, no one in the classroom, and only a few students and staff were in the library, but no Kid. Eevee had hoped that Medusa had been lying to her, but she hadn't and Kid was nowhere in Shibusen. Even Curran wasn't anywhere around the building and Eevee had checked that from the roof before jumping down. Everyone was just gone, and the had left her in alone in the infirmary with. . .with that.

“If it isn't my little lab mouse.” Eevee turned at the voice of Stein as she was headed down the steps of Shibusen. “Looking for something, or someone?”

She gave him a hard look.

“I need to find him,” she said. “I remembered and I need to tell him.”