Chapter 5: An enormous cake

Link's pov.

The next day

In the early morning, I woke up early, get my backpack, because I still have school, and I silently got off the bed and tip toed, so Zelda won't wake up, to leave me and Zelda's bedroom and went to my adoptive children's room, which is young Link and toon Link.

I open their door, their eyes open up a bit and I tell them, "Wake up kids. It's time to make her birthday breakfast."

They woke up, and got excited.

Toon Link said, "Okay papa Link!"

I tell them, "Change to your clothes because you both still have school."

Young Link replied, "Okay!"

And then I left their room so they will do it privately. I was going to the bathroom to brush my teeth for a few minutes. When I'm done brushing my teeth, I was going to get my clothes from me and Zelda's bedroom to change in the bathroom.

3 minutes later of changing

After I change my clothes, young Link reminds me, "Papa Link, me and toon Link changed and got our backpacks."

I tell them, "Good, now follow me downstairs and I'll teach you both how to make heart pancakes for your mother's birthday."

They both cheered, "Hooray! 😁"

As they follow me downstairs to the kitchen, we've got our aprons and I got the pancake mix from the pantry.

I show the ingredients from the pancake mix to Link Jr. (He sometimes calls him that) And told my kids, "Okay, here's what we're gonna do, Link Jr., you go get the ingredients, especially the blueberries and the chocolate chips, and you toon Link, you go get the whisk and the big bowl."

They both agreed and they do the things that I told them to.

A few minutes later

After they got the things I told them, young Link reminded me, "Papa Link, we got the things that you told us!"

I replied, "Nice! So now, let's make pancakes!"

They got excited and we're gonna start making pancakes. Toon Link puts the big bowl and whisk to the kitchen table while young Link puts the ingredients to the kitchen table as well.

"Okay kids, I'm gonna go get the stool and I'll teach you two how to make pancakes." I tell them.

As they nodded in agreement, I left the kitchen and get the stool from the storage room, and bring it to the kitchen so they would easily reach it to the bowl.

After I put the stool behind the kitchen table, I tell them, "Alright, you kids take turns to go on top of the stool when I order you kids to put what ingredient I'd tell you to, as a pattern."

They agreed and we started to make the pancake batter first. I told Link Jr. to add half of the ingredients, and told toon Link to add the other half of the ingredients as well. After they put the ingredients to the big bowl, I use the whisk to mix the ingredients into a pancake batter. My kids watch as I mix them in surprise. After I made a pancake batter, I started getting the pan, put it on the stove and turn it on.

As I put the pancake batter next to the stove, I told both of them, "Toon Link, get one spoon. And you, get the blueberries and chocolate chips. You and Link Jr. take turns using them, just like making the pancake batter first."

As they listened, toon Link get the spoon from the silverware drawer while young Link gets the blueberries and chocolate chips from the fridge. They both take turns making a heart pancake and use either blueberries and chocolate chips to sprinkle onto the pancake while I cook the heart pancake. Man, my kids grow up so fast, and we are making breakfast as a team.