Chapter 77: Home Sweet Home

A/N: Hello again, my lovelies! I just want to confess that I've noticed that the latest chapters are quite short. This time I'm going to improvise and I'm going to gift you guys longer chaps and when I say longer, I meant it.

Enjoy~
____________________________________

Anna's faint, joyful hollers and Iduna's, Agnarr's and Kristoff's cheerful yells as the gates opened to welcome the rest of the Royal Family back home made Elsa's smile wider, and she might have to admit her cheeks hurt. Aiden stood beside her with a calmer expression, his arm protectively around his wife's waist.

She always tried to push away the fact why he seems slightly aloof nowadays, but over all she understands, since the past few days has been so eventful all he can do was ease himself down a bit.

Her body tensed up with surprise as Anna squeezed her body tightly, the gingerhead's hands clenched behind the small of her sister's back. After being fazed and startled, Elsa recovered and caressed her sister's face, kissing both of her cheeks.

"Don't you dare start with it's just been three days and you're sulking like a baby," Anna sniffles, "I'm sorry but I missed my sister and there's no way I'm barging in the castle without getting a hug and a girl talk."

"I already guessed." Elsa smiled, patting her sister's head, "I'll be by you and Kristoff's quarters after dinner and we'll start with a side of hot cocoa." Giving a side glance to her husband, who smiled slyly and gave her a thumbs up, she faced her sister again and beamed.

"Indeed we will," Anna's eyes brightened up with hot cocoa being mentioned, "We haven't done it for some time."

"Yeah."

"Now don't hog her all to yourself, Anna," Iduna chuckled as she slowly helped Olaf and Agnarr off the wagon, "We just came home, too."

Anna rolled her eyes good naturedly and nodded, tearing herself away from Elsa then moving on to greet the fire king who happily nodded and responded to her energetic rants.

Kristoff tiredly took Sven's harness and led him to the stables silently, yawning along the way as he mumbled about "mountain ranges" and "barely slept."

Beneath the soft warmth of Iduna's scarf, two bundles of joy blinked their eyes blankly as they saw nothing but the color magenta.

Where were grand mama and pawpaw?

Why couldn't they see anything but dark pink?

Uncomfortable with their current state, Chandler began to squirm and whimper while Auriana continuously cried; making their grandmother take off the scarf and carefully passed them to their mother.

Chandler's blue eyes lit up once he sensed his mother's close presence, his whimpers straining away. Auriana's cries reduced until her bawling turned into satisfied giggles, because they missed mama and it had been one scary journey for reaching her again.

"There wasn't a night where they didn't look for you," Said Agnarr, ruffling his grandson's hair, "They missed you terribly. Aside from the fact they are attached."

"I can see that, and mama herself missed them dearly too," Elsa grinned, smothering her children's faces with kisses, "Mh, I missed my two snowflakes so much. Don't worry, you're going to sleep in my arms and papa's tonight and not your cribs, how does that sound, my little loves? Would you like that?"

Agnarr and Iduna chuckled and went inside, Elsa in tow with two smiling baby royals savoring their mother's affection. It was odd to see their daughter like this in personal but it just symbolized how fear died and bravery lived on.