It's Not What You Think (Fem Reader)

DIsclaimer: I don't own any Persona 5 Characters or the image. I own the plot. 

Warnings: A bit of Angst? (Not really, but maybe), Language

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(Y/N) stood in front of Leblanc with a frown on her face. For the past month, Akira had been ignoring her and spending more time with his other friends. Normally, that wouldn't bother her because she wasn't that kind of girlfriend. However, the group of friends he had been hanging out with instead of her contained both Ann Takamaki and Makoto Niijima. She couldn't help but feel inferior compared to them. They were both intelligent, beautiful, kind, strong, and she felt like she was none of that. She thought she wasn't enough for him, or anyone for that matter. 'Do I really want to do this? It'll hurt more if he breaks up with me in person than it will over text...' She thought, shaking her head. She needed to do this. If not for heart's sake, then for her sanity's sake. She pushed the door open, hearing the familiar chime of the little bell. She noticed Sojiro looking at her with a startled expression, meaning he clearly wasn't expecting anyone to be arriving.

"Hey, Boss..." She greeted, awkwardly twiddling her hair around her finger. "(Y/N)? You haven't been here in a while. Everything alright?" Sojiro asked, offering a seat to the (H/C). (Y/N) sighed and shook her head, sitting down at the bar. "Akira's been ignoring me for the last month. I can't help but wonder if he's finally tired of me. I mean, I've been by his side since we were five. It would make sense..." She explained, feeling her eyes tear up. She quickly hid her face from view, trying to prevent Sojiro from seeing her tears. However, her plan failed when she had the need to sniffle. Sojiro rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he struggled to decide what he should do. On one hand, he could go upstairs and talk some sense into Akira, but on the other, (Y/N) needed reassurance. He decided to go with the latter, and fetched the girl a few tissues. She accepted them gratefully and blew her nose, getting up and throwing out the used tissues afterwards. "Listen kid. I've only known Akira for almost four months, but I can assure you he isn't that cruel. I don't think he's been ignoring you intentionally. Just talk to him." Sojiro explained, watching the (H/C)'s face light up. "Alright, thanks Boss. Is he upstairs?" She asked, getting up and taking a step, only to accidentally kick a cat. 'Morgana? What's Akira's cat doing down here all alone?' She thought, smiling gently and picking the cat up. "Yeah, he's upstairs. I'm surprised his cat came down here alone, he's usually attached to Akira." Sojiro declared, (Y/N) nodding in agreement. "Yeah, that's true. I'll bring him upstairs, he sounds cranky." She announced, walking towards the stairs.

Meanwhile, Akira was on his phone up in the attic, texting the Phantom Thieves group chat. According to Makoto, they had received a new request from someone on their website, so he arranged for the group to head to Mementos. After he finished texting, he prepared to leave. He put on his usual summer clothes, which consisted of a black t-shirt with a white, unbuttoned, collared shirt overtop. Along with blue jeans, dark gray sneakers, and his usual black glasses. He sighed as he checked over everything, noticing he had a text from (Y/N). He quickly looked at it, seeing it was sent over a half hour ago. 'I'm coming over. We need to talk, please.' He read, gulping quietly. Due to all the recent Phantom Thief business, he hadn't had much time to spend with his girlfriend. He currently had some free time on his hands, considering they had just started looking for their new target. 'Mementos might have to wait, unless-' He thought, but froze when he heard Morgana yell. "Let me go, (Y/N)!" Akira heard Morgana cry, laughing quietly to himself. Akira was almost tempted to yell out that (Y/N) couldn't understand him, considering she wasn't a Phantom Thief. Suddenly, Akira heard the stairs that led up to the attic creaking, meaning someone was on their way up.