"Okay boys." EunMin says straightening her back, placing her hands on her hips as she looks at the darkening sky above them. "First let's check the stores around the area and see if there's anything, we'll go from there."

"Any specific areas to focus on?"

"This is his last location, so this is our starting point." She starts. "Our ending point would be somewhere over there." She adds pointing a few blocks away. "We'll meet back here in fifteen minutes to report anything we find. Stay visible and preferably near crowds, any sign of danger and you run."

"Okay."

As the girl walks away, the boys can't help to be amazed by her. They could see the worry and fear in her eyes, and yet, she was still guiding them through the process of what has to be done, changing more into her detective self rather than the regular EunMin they know.

Just as the detective instructed, fifteen minutes later the trio regroups in the agreed location, their heads down as they give their report. Much to their disappointment, there is no sign of him.

The trio moves to the side of the street as EunMin continues to think, her brows drawn together in concentration.

There was something odd about the location. It didn't seem familiar to her at all.

"What are you doing noona?" Jungkook asks looking over her shoulder as she scrolls through her phone.

"I'm revising his location history." EunMin says looking up to the boys. "He had never really been to this part of town before."

Was he after something?

The boys exchange a glance and purse their lips as they hear her statement, their hearts dropping when they think about his plan.

"Can you pick up his scent?" EunMin whispers and Jungkook shakes his head.

"It's fading." Jungkook says. "There is a slight scent but it's mostly gone now. The most prominent scent is here." He says looking around.

"It's okay." EunMin reassures the worried bunny. "It was worth a shot."

That just meant that he had indeed been gone for a while, and that the time on her phone was indeed right, which just complicated things more.

"But noona," Jungkook says looking at her with moist eyes, "there is the scent of struggle....it was them."

As EunMin lets out a sigh and looks down, a familiar object catches her eye a few feet away, the detective rushing to pick it up. Crouching down, EunMin carefully picks up the cracked phone, her fingers tracing the edge as she looks up.

"He was definitely on his way." EunMin says with a frown. 

A million questions rush through her mind one after the other as she notices the tire marks on the pavement, her eyes immediately searching for nearby security cameras.

"Do we report it?" Taehyung asks chewing on his bottom lip.

"We can't file a missing report until it's been 24 hours." EunMin says with a sigh. "And even if we could file it right away, we can't involve the police in this case. Not when we are dealing with them. We have to take care of this ourselves for the sake of everyone's safety. Especially because we don't know what they are after." She explains and the boys nod in agreement.

Searching for the whereabouts of a missing person was usually the most time consuming part of the case, and EunMin wasn't so sure they had enough time to go through every step at the moment. There is too much to do and the clock is ticking.

Even if it turned out to be nothing, it is best to call for backup as soon as possible to help with the search.

With a heavy sigh, EunMin takes out her phone and dials the number without hesitation, letting out a relieved breath when they immediately pick up.

"Hoseok." EunMin says pressing the bridge of her nose. "I need your help."

The search for the detective has begun! I know there's a lot going on in the world right now, so I wasn't sure whether to update or not, but if you lovelies need someone to talk to, I'm here

I know there's a lot going on in the world right now, so I wasn't sure whether to update or not, but if you lovelies need someone to talk to, I'm here.
Please stay safe and take care of yourselves lovelies 💕
Thank you for reading 💕
~Van
(2020.05.31)