Chapter 33: Enchanted night

Marinette had never considered waking up to be difficult.

Sure, days that she getting school super late after an exhausted battle night with akuma wasn't an easy task, but compared to now it seemed more easier and tolerable.

Simply attempting to open her eyes was the most difficult and exhausting thing she had experienced so far. Her body was heavy, extremely heavy, liked her entire body was made of rock. Every limb felt as if it was glued to the bed, she could feel her body but she couldn't move a single part.

Every bone in her body ached, every muscle cramped, as if she had been running endlessly in the wild and without a moment of pause. Pain radiated from her chest first, then to her hand and fingers, legs and toes.

The great pain of her chest was so powerful that it worsened when she inhaled sharply from the pain, brought more pain to herself repeatedly. Marinette almost got a feeling that her chest was being tore off and stuck back together.

Her mind was in a chaotic messy blur, memories before she lost her conscious was not clear and it took her some time to place every small details together and made out a completed version story.

...Lila....She was attacked by Lila...

And...why would she do that....?

....Felix....!

Another sharp headache made Marinette gave up the idea of getting up immediately. She turned her head aside and hid her face deep into the pillow, tried to suppress the urge to cry.

"Marinette? You're awake?" A voice murmured, groggy and listless.

Marinette's heart paused a moment to the unexpected voice of Felix. The tiresome in Felix's voice was so realistic that somehow it sent relief to her unbelievably. All her nerves almost immediately smoothed down with Felix's harsh and exhausted voice.

"F-Felix?" Marinette whispered, surprised at the hoarseness in her own voice. Her voice was so terrible that she could imagine her voice was harsh enough to scratch on the blackboard.

Slowly and difficultly, she opened her eyes and blinked several times to the sudden brightness of her surroundings. The first thing she saw was the worry icy-blue gray eyes staring straightly and deeply into her cerulean, tired but filled with relief and happiness.

"Felix." Marinette breathed, sitting up but inhaled sharply when the pain returned, winced and caused another round of sharp pain spread all over her body.

"Watch out, your body is in a terrible shape." Felix helped the girl laid back on bed carefully, avoiding touching her wounds and placed more pillows around her body.

Marinette closed her eyes and tears rolled down on her face, tried to breathe softly in order to ease the tremendous pain of her body. However, the pain seemed to turn worse and more tears coming out, wet the pillow.

Felix smoothed the poor girl with his deep gentle voice, stroked her face gently with his hand and eyes looking at her face, observed her expression carefully.

Marinette inhaled slowly and rubbed her forehead with Felix's hand placed on her head. "Everyone's fine?"

He hummed in response, let the girl rubbed him like a baby wishing for comfort. Sure, he might be fine but he knew the silly girl was definitely not fine at all. Who knew how difficult for him to hold that usual poker face when he listened to the doctor's explanation of the girl's situation.

Felix withdrew himself from the girl and flicked her forehead gently. "You're in the hospital right now. You have been unconscious for 5 days."

"5 days?" Marinette gasped, widened her eyes in surprise. She could feel she was in a terrible state but it was that bad that she fell asleep for 5 days?