Chapter 8: New life

Felix leaned on the staircase railing on the second floor and watched Marinette and Marcus giving instruction to the workers. He frowned to the sweat of the workers and the smell of the lacquer everywhere.

Ever since Marinette decided to renew the mansion, he left all the works to her and Marcus as her assistant. The girl insisted to renew most of the mansion but he strongly protested to maintain the original status of the library and his room.

The strong smell of paints and sweat of the workers also led to another big argument to them. They had several serious arguments on such problems for weeks. None of them willing to give up.

At last, under Marcus's help, they made their deal: The library and Felix's room could maintain as original design but the rest of the mansion will be renew. At the same time, all of them would move into the grand hotel in the center of city until the renovation was over.

Although Felix had some complaints about that, he kept it in heart. It's a waste of time to have another meaningless argument. Today, they finally could come back and had a good look of the brand new mansion.

"Miss, where should we put this?"

Two workers holding the big painting and asked. Marinette pointed at the living room and turned to Marcus and gave out further instruction.

After staying here for half year, Marinette had changed a lot. She became more confident and independent. Under Felix's Sparta education, now she could speak fluent English and her academic result had kept up with the schedule in her old school in Paris, her result had improved a lot.

Who knew the girl cried so hard when she could finally speak in fluent English sentence, finally be freed from this Sparta hell of the poker face, and most importantly, goodbye to wake up at 6 in the morning.

Recalled the result of her first quiz, it was horrible and made Felix frowned deeply. He was so shocked and mad that he skipped his meals and locked the girl in the library for whole day until she exhausted from studying.

He chuckled lightly to the memory when Marinette came in. The latter raised a brow to his action, titled her head.

"Is it done?" He asked before she asked about his chuckling.

She smiled and her eyes sparkled with excitement. There was still some time before Felix's work so he let her gave him a house tour. Every place they went, he was amazed by the design. Marinette really had talent on fashion design, no matter on clothes or interior design. She kept the Victorian design but also combined with some modern fashion.

 She kept the Victorian design but also combined with some modern fashion