Chapter Ten

Sloan's POV

"Rough night?" Marie asks walking around the room

I should have known that it wouldn't have taken long before she cornered me and now, she has me all to herself away from prying eyes and ears. I can just imagine the ear full that she has to give me about how I am ruining her son's life and how I am a witch.

I sit just waiting for the insult to fly I look up at her grey eyes taking me in and I do the same, she is dressed in a white dress with pearls on it the screams elegant and beauty. As much as I know that she does not like me I admire her style and strength.

"I heard you met Hanna" she says and I take a breath. "She's not my idea of a daughter in law either but she is better than you" she tells me.

"So, you were hoping she would tell me about her and Logan's relationship and I would what leave?" I ask and she looks away. "Is it really so hard for you to believe that I actually care about him?"

"You don't care about anyone but yourself and whatever advantage your family gets from being with my son" she spats making me shake my head. "Your nothing more than a whore climbing her way to the top through my son"

"I can't" take up my bag. "I was wrong to think that I could be friends with you to think that I was wrong but now I see that I'm anything but" I head for the door but I stop. "Do you know that I'm the one who convinced Logan to come here tonight he was done with you but I asked him to give you a second chance I guess I was wrong"

"I wouldn't have needed a second chance if you have just stayed out of our lives" she says and I nod.

"I guess now you have your wish I'm done" I turn walking out I head for the stairs.

I really thought that I could have had a fun night no drama but that was too much to ask for. I head for the door walking out.

"Sloan? Sloan!" Logan calls as I leave but I don't stop.

I am trying really hard to hold on to my tears first his mistress tries to beat me up in a bathroom and then his mother I have had it with this night. I feel someone grab my arm turning me around and I look up at Logan dark blue eyes taking me in.

"Where are you going?" he asks and I pull my hand out of his but he holds my waist pulling me to him. "Talk to me tell me what's wrong?"

"Everything!" I yell allowing my tears to rain free. "Your family is falling apart because of me because of this marriage"

He sighs lowering his head to mine. "None of this is your fault" he tells me and I want to believe him but everything just seems so out of order right now it hurts. "My mother has always been a pain and that won't change but know this I am right here with you I'm not leaving you"

I wrap my arms around him hugging him feeling myself relax I just feel so overwhelmed right now with everything that is happening. We stand just hugging for a while before he walked me to the car and I get in he takes the keys driving off.

"Where are we going?" I ask when he turned on the high way.

"Somewhere quiet" he says and I frown. "Do you trust me?"

I look at him blue eyes light and I do trust him I give him a nod and he smile taking my hand kissing it and I relax. We drive for a while before we were at the airport, I frown looking at him and he gives me a smile getting out.

He comes to my side opening the door I take his hand as we walk into the airport, he walks us up to the departure desk. The lady there looks at us with a frown and I can feel all the on lookers taking us in.