Chapter Three

Sloan's POV

I wake feeling tired and drained my eyes are swollen and burnt to the light I manage to make it out of bed and into the bathroom just as I think I might be safe I slip and fall right on my face. I close my eyes just wishing I was dead this can't be what my father wanted for me this can't be it.

I lay on the floor for I don't know how long before I felt someone moving me, I want to open my eyes but they hurt too much my body feelings like it isn't my own. I feel myself being lowered into a bed and I groan.

"Is she going to be okay?" I hear Jane asks.

"I don't know" Logan's someone panicked voice comes into my ear.

Maybe he does have a heart somewhere under all his anger I try to hold on to hear what they are saying but I am too tired and too drained so I fall asleep. When I wake my eyes didn't feel so heavy anymore, I try to open them but they still burn so I keep them close.

I am trying hard not to cry as I replay everything in my head all that I have been through these past few months the pain the hurt I just want it all to stop. I want my life back I want my freedom back I want to make my father proud and keep my promise but this isn't a life and I don't want to live it anymore.

I lay there unable to open my eyes afraid of the pain it might cause and before long sleep took over me. When I wake again it's light out and my eyes didn't burn as much, I pull back the sheets getting out of bed I walk into the bathroom looking at myself my face is extra white and my eyes are still red.

I remove my clothes stepping into the shower I take a nice long shower just washing everything off me. Once I was feeling a little better, I got dress in jeans pants and a t-shirt I grab my phone and keys heading out.

I stop as I enter the living room and I hear talking in the kitchen I look down at the time and it's after nine I know that Logan isn't here it's Monday, he goes to work by at least eight every day so I wonder who could be here now.

I walk into the kitchen and who I see surprises me Mrs. Grey standing by the stove she looks around at me her light grey eyes staring at me with disgust and hate. Now this woman hates me more than anything in the world and I don't blame her she probably had a dream for her son how she wanted his life to go his wedding and someone like me wasn't in that.

I feel the same way too I had a plan for my life I wanted to marry someone who loved me someone who put me above everyone who cherished me. I wanted a big white wedding filled with arts about our life our love story I wanted more than this.

"Look who finally decided to wake up" she says her voice filled with distain.

I have tried with great difficulty to avoid this woman at all costs I know how she feels about me and I don't need to deal with her more than necessary but if she is here this early must mean that she needs something.

"What can I do for you Marie?" I ask my voice faint.

She looks up at me taking me in and I know that she does not approve of me in any way I take her in she is dressed in a light cream dress that hugs her body tight showing off her curves her tall brown hair down around her in curls.

"You can leave my sons life and stop making a fool out of him" she says firmly and I sigh.

"Look I know that this isn't what any of you guys wanted but I'm here just deal with it" I tell her and she looks at me as if I slapped her in the face.

I am sick and tired of apologizing for being in this situation I said ok for the sake of my father's health why did he agree this he could have said no he doesn't owe my father anything. He can walk out of this he can turn his back and leave me be so doesn't he.