Chapter Five

Sloan's POV

I wake with a stir as I feel something warm on my cheek I turn and a pain runs through my jaw making me hiss. I still can't believe that Marie slapped me in the face it was a shock but what Logan said to me was more shocking he apologized for the way he treated me.

I never thought I would see the day when I would have a conversation of any kind with him but yet he has apologized for the things he has done and even asked me to be his friend and that was all I wanted in the first place.

I don't know what brought on this change in him or why but I don't know if I trust it, I look around the room that I am in and it's not mine room it's way bigger and I realize that it's his room. I jump up in bed and my hair falls around me I can't believe that I am in his room why am I in his room.

I sit just trying to piece things together in my head when the door opened and in walked Jane holding a try with food. She gives me a big smile which confuses me I know that I didn't hit my head so why don't I know why I am here.

"Good morning ma'am your looking well rested" she rests the tray in bed with me.

"Jane what's going on?" I ask and she gives me a smile.

"You and sir made up and I am happy about that" she says opening the curtain. "I'll go run you a bath" she walks into the adjoining bathroom.

I have a million questions in my head but I can't seem to voice them so I just eat after I finished eating, I got in the tub and took a bath. Once I was clean Jane brought me some clothes and I get dress I head down I want to talk to Logan about well everything.

I walk down the hall heading for his study I haven't been in here since the night when we got married when I asked him if he wanted something to eat and he told me I wasn't his wife. I stop at the door wondering if I should knock or not.

I stand just staring at the door for a while before it opened and I was greeted with shocked dark blue eyes staring back at me.

"Hi" he says and I smile. "Do you need something?" he asks and I nod. "Do you want to come in?" I nod.

He gives me a light smile stepping aside and I walk in I look around and it looks the same Logan walked over to his desk sitting down I hesitate a bit before taking a seat in front of his desk it feels weird sitting with him like this.

"How are you feeling?" he asks after sometime.

"Better" I tell him and he nods. "Um...I just wanted to thank you for yesterday for taking care of me" I say and he looks down at his desk.

"It's something a husband should always do for his wife" he says shocking me. "I know I haven't treated you fairly since all of this happened and you deserve better so from here on out, I'll do better"

"You don't have to; this isn't something you asked for I'm sure you'd rather be with anyone but me" I look down at my hand.

"That might be true but I have you" he says making me look at him and he looks serious. "I'm not perfect I've got flaws just like everyone but I'm willing to try being your friend"

I look at him with stunned eyes I can't believe that he is offering me friendship the man that told me I would never be his wife wants to be my friend I don't understand it but for the time being I am accepting his apology and seeing what this "friendship" is.

"Okay" I say and he nods.

We sit just staring at each other for a while before his phone rings he looks down at it before ending the call I think I should let him get back to work.