Epilogue: Yi Jin Yeong

Start from the beginning

Nobody else was aware that Mikihito was in on it besides the three of them, most were told of half-truths that he helped Jin Yeong and Yuki escape and shot his own father to save them. Even Ayaka had no idea about her father's plans.

Mikihito didn't let it show... but Yuki knew something broke inside of him at what he had done. He wasn't quite the same after that. He was more reserved now.

Still... Yuki trusted him despite everything, though Jin Yeong didn't. Call it being paranoid, he just didn't give out second chances that easily.

"He means well," she whispered, knowing what was on their minds.

"I know." Jin Yeong sighed, pulling her closer to him and placing his forehead on hers. "But that doesn't mean there aren't others like his father."

"It's our wedding day. Can't we just forget about everything else for one night?"

He chuckled and pulled his head back, before saying, "You mean, it's our last wedding day? We've gotten married thrice in a row for the past three days."

She giggled, shaking her head. "Lucky us."

He smiled. "Lucky me."

"Here we are," started Yuki, as she ran a finger along his jaw, "two people who badly want to escape our families and yet brought together by the exact same people we're trying so hard to run away from."

He laughed, and pinched her cheek. "I told you it was fate."

"Hai." She nodded, gazing admirably up at him. "Kimi wa boku no unmei." Yes, you are my destiny.

His eyes softened as he stared at her, seeing the girl he first laid eyes on at a small alley restaurant in Seoul almost four years ago, alone but not lonely.

Back then, he had no idea he'd fall in love with the same girl. He had no idea he'd one day marry her. And now they were going to spend the rest of their lives together.

He gave a little kiss on the tip of her nose. "You stole my line."

"No," she disagreed, shaking her head. "It's our line."

He couldn't help himself – but then he thought, he didn't really have to anymore. And so, he leaned over and kissed his wife.

It caught her by surprise at first, but she relaxed and kissed back in a matter of no time. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss, tightening his hold on her.

Ah, how he loved the feel of her in his arms.

"Saranghae, Yuki," he whispered in between kisses.

"Aishiteru, Yi Jin Yeong."

She already told him she loved him as soon as he gained consciousness in the hospital (that was his first memory after being woken up), but he would never get tired of hearing it.

"What happens now, yeobo?" she asked playfully, while she leaned her head on his chest.

His grin widened at that. He might like hearing this term of endearment more than 'oppa.' Who would've known? Maybe he was cut out for the marriage life, after all.

"Hmm," he hummed, thinking about it. "We'll go to the airport at midnight, take a flight to Europe, and enjoy ourselves before all hell breaks loose."

She turned her head and looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "But... aren't we going to Busan to get settled down first?"

"I don't want to postpone our honeymoon just because our fathers said so." He winked at her, before adding, "It's our life."

Yuki burst out laughing, shaking her head in disbelief. "We need to leave them a letter or a video so they wouldn't worry. We got kidnapped just last year!"

"Our brothers already know about it. And of course, I'm taking a couple of bodyguards as a precaution. Geokjeong ma." Don't worry.

She looked skeptical. "This, coming from the guy who was 'observing' our guests in case they might go all 'Red Wedding' on us."

Jin Yeong shrugged. "Can't be too careful. So what do you say, yeobo?"

"I say..." she paused and grinned. "What are we waiting for? Let's go right now."

He laughed. "Our flight isn't until three in the morning."

"Oh." She frowned, biting her lip as she considered it. "Well, then let's enjoy our time with our family and friends before we leave. Ikko!" Let's go!

With that, she started tugging his hand and dragging him towards the staircase. He let her, amused at how cute his wife was and would always be.

"Sure," he said, intertwining her hand in his and brushing his lips on her knuckles. "I'll go wherever you go."

Her footsteps faltered, and she looked at him over her shoulder. She seemed to be keeping herself from smiling too much as she said the next words.

"Because...?"

Though he tried not to laugh, he couldn't stop the wide grin from stretching across his face. He kissed her lightly on the lips, and flashed her the smile he knew she loved.

"Neoneun nae unmyeong."

You're my destiny.

_____________

THE END

Aw, I really loved telling Jin Yeong and Yuki's story and I will surely miss them! I honestly didn't expect to write the continuation, like I mentioned at the beginning of this. It was only supposed to be a one-time short story thing. But when I went to Japan last year, I just knew I had to write the sequel. It was sort of like a sign.

And so, this is how it ends. I hope you enjoyed being with them on their journey of finding each other, even after they changed in some ways. 'Til the next one!

Question: If you were given a chance, what would you name Jin Yeong and Yuki's child? ;)