XXVIII

Anakin's POV

I blinked a few times as the bright lights insulted my vision and slowly I managed to open them all the way, I raised myself up onto my elbows and looked around. I was in the med bay in one of the rooms, I wasn't hooked up to any machines which was a good sign. I sat up all the way and jumped down from the bed, I was still in my Jedi robes and my lightsaber lay on the side table. I grabbed it and a familiar feeling rushed through me making me feel more awake.

Flashes of the fight with Palpatine came back to me and I shuddered remembering the fight and how close I was to death. I left the room and made my way down the white hallway but I was stopped by Master Che, the Jedi healer who I met very often since I was almost always injured on most missions. 

"Skywalker, where do you think you're going?" she asked.

I stopped and turned around to face her.

"I feel fine, there's nothing wrong with me," I replied.

"You completely over-exerted yourself to the max, I would recommend for you to go back to your room and get some more rest, you certainly need it," she explained.

"I promise I'll get some rest but I don't need to be in the med bay to do that," 

"Knowing you Skywalker I'd rather keep an eye on you," 

"Trust me, I promise I'll get some rest. I hate med bays anyways and I'll never be able to rest here," I argued.

Master Che sighed and gave me a searching look before finally nodding.

"Alright, I know there's no stopping you. But if I hear you are going on a mission or training or doing anything other than resting then I will bring you back here," she threatened.

"I know," I replied, "Also, is Master Kenobi and Windu alright?"

"They should be fine, they're both in the bacta tanks right now, force lightning can do some internal damage and we don't want to take any risks and Master Windu's hand need to heal over before we can give him a prosthetic," she explained.

"Okay, thank you," I said bowing my head.

She bowed her head back and then walked off down the hallway. I quickly left the med bay and jumped on a speeder heading towards Padme's apartment, the sun was setting and the fight with Palpatine was last night, news spreads fast around Coruscant and I could sense Padme was worried about me. I landed at the balcony and ran inside the large apartment.

"Padme?" I called.

I heard hurried footsteps and Padme appeared out of the bedroom, she ran towards me and with a few strides we met. She wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tight her relief very clear through the force. I hugged her back and she rested her head against my chest sighing and letting go of all her worry.

"I heard everything about the Chancellor being the Sith Lord and there were rumours that he had killed you and then died afterwards, I was so worried," she breathed.

"It's okay, I'm right here, I'm okay," I soothed.

"Are you really okay?" Padme asked pulling away and looking me over.

"I promise, according to Master Che I over-exerted myself too much so I stayed in the med bay overnight," I explained.

Padme hugged me again and squeezed me tight before looking up at me with a genuine smile on her face that warmed my heart. She pulled away from me and grabbed a transmitter.

"I have to contact Naboo, they want me to go there tomorrow for a meeting about a new Chancellor but I can cancel it," she explained.

I gently took the transmitter out of her hand and she looked up at me.

"It's fine, this meeting is important to you and to the Galaxy, you need to go," I said.

"I can't go, you just defeated one of the greatest Sith Lords of our time and I want to be here with you," she replied.

"I know you'd rather be spending your time with your super cool husband who probably saved the universe, but, this meeting is important. Plus, I'll probably have a lot of Jedi Council stuff to deal with, but once all the meetings and everything is over we can go away together for a little bit, I doubt the war will end right now but it's coming closer to the end. I promise you, I'll be fine for a few weeks," 

She giggled and kissed me and hugging me once again.

"Are you sure you're okay with me going?" she asked.

"Positive," 

She pulled away and I followed her to the bedroom where she already had her things packed, she put a few more things in as I sat on the bed and relaxed with her soothing force presence around. Once she had finished she dragged me into the kitchen and we both had dinner and talked about unimportant things before she ordered me to sleep while laughing, she was in the bathroom brushing her hair while I took off my Jedi robes but kept my pants on. I placed my robes into a basket to be washed and then walked into the bathroom wrapping my arms around Padme from behind and kissing her cheek. 

I looked into the large mirror and saw her smiling, she turned her head and kissed me on the lips before I let go of her and she continued to brush her hair. 

We finally crawled into bed and my aching body was crying in relief as I relaxed, Padme's hand ran through my slightly wet hair from a shower and I kissed her once more before we both relaxed against the pillows.

"I love you," she mumbled yawning.

"I love you too," I whispered kissing the top of her head.