Chapter 6- Chaos

A woman can be worth whatever chaos she brings to the table. Deep down, Dazai knew that saying related to (Y/n). Even if her lips didn't smile at him, or her eyes showed him a sparkle of hope, or her actions presented a sign of trust towards him, nothing was going to stop him from mending the seams of their broken past.

"Well, well, Miss (Y/n)," Osamu said rather cheerfully. "How does a lovely dinner at Melting Pot sound? My treat!" An extend puff of air seeped from (Y/n)'s nose as she followed beside Dazai. The two were a few paces away from approaching the heart of the city of Yokohama. She walked with her arms crossed and aggravation in each step as she gave a cold side-eye at Osamu. "Not that hungry," (Y/n) mumbled. "Oh, come on! They have the best chazuke! And the White Tiger should be there stuffing his chubby face," Dazai informed.

A moment before Osamu and (Y/n) crossed the empty street, she faintly groaned when shrugging her shoulders. "Fine then. Let's go," she stated shortly. When she began walking quicker and ahead of him, the same grin stayed on his face as before. "That's the spirit," Osamu chuckled.

The Melting Pot, like Yum Yum's Coffee House, was another eatery that many people, such as Dazai, enjoyed dining at. It wasn't rare for this restaurant to be packed with customers on the daily. From the outside, it looks cozy, urban, and expensive. Thin and round, red stone pillars made up most of the building's outer structure. It was also nearly impossible to see through the crimson-colored, curtained windows, but a slit of dim light always shined through when nighttime rose into place.

Soon after Dazai tugged on the golden handle of the wooden door, he gave (Y/n) a pleasant smile and bowed his head. "After you, darling," he announced. To the nickname, (Y/n) scowled at Dazai, but his manners caused her to nod as a simple gesture of thanks. "Now, let me escort you to my favorite spot."

As (Y/n) enter the restaurant, her heels clicked against the sandy-brown wooden flooring. She was greeted by an elderly woman as many unknown scents took over her sense of smell. It was as charming on the inside as it is on the outside, and the same pillars supported the upper floor, but these had landers attached to them. The maroon and gold walls were decorated with antiques, such as large paper fans, samurai swords, cultural banners, and paintings of koi fish.

Since it was after the lunch hour, this place wasn't as full of customers as it normally was. A few couples and singles were seated here and there, but there were many open booths rather than filled ones. There were three long tables decorated with glowing gold, paper ball lanterns, while the smaller tables had only miniature bonsai trees.

Seconds before (Y/n) and Dazai turned the corner of a large, marble-maroon wall, which was constructed as a divider in the middle of the restaurant, a man's shouting could be heard more clearly. "But I'm still hungry," a boy whined. "I don't care! You are eating a hole in my wallet!" "Hiya!" Dazai interrupted.

Two males stopped their bickering when seeing a familiar face, but only one continued to glare in anger. "How dare you leave him here with me? You know how much this bill is going to cost me?!" Dazai chuckled towards his friend and used his hands to wave as a sign for the man to calm down. "Now, now," Osamu mumbled. Sweat was dripping from his forehead as he expressed his embarrassment. "That's no way to behave in front of a young lady, Doppo," he added with a chuckle.

This man, known as Doppo, was as tall and slim as Dazai was. His dirty-blonde hair had parted bangs that swept to the right of his face and his hairstyle was rather neat but had spiky that ends that were being pulled back in a long ponytail. Doppo also wore glasses, which gleamed in the dim light of the restaurant and hid his naturally, deep-green eyes.