Chapter 26- Little Girl

Like a little girl, (Y/n) was feeling unsure of what the world was becoming. All the thoughts in her head got loud. All the emotions she was feeling caused her chest to tighten and gut to feel twisted. (Y/n) couldn't believe it. She just couldn't believe it.

Once (Y/n), Kyoka and Atsushi arrived at the hospital with Dazai, each of them went their separate ways. Thankfully, the doctors told (Y/n) that Dazai would make it, but he would give to undergo a surgical procedure in order to get the bullet removed from his chest. While she was there, she was on her way to visit Fukuzawa, who was still showing symptoms of his illness. She was about to open the door to his room until she heard the voice of a little girl call for her.

"It's really you. You're so grown up and beautiful," Elise smiled. Elise was sitting on a bench outside of the rooms that was further down the hallway. (Y/n) was in shock at first, but she approached Elise and grinned towards her. "And you still look the same," (Y/n) laughed. As Elise giggled, she noticed the shift in expressions on (Y/n)'s face. She then sighed and pointed to the door on the left of her. "He's in there," she spoke. "He too was infected with the poison."

(Y/n)'s brows furrowed. "Poison?" she repeated. To everyone else's knowledge, Fukuzawa and Mori and many other gifted people who were attacked were all infected with an illness known as Cannibalism. It was described as a virus that lasts forty-eight hours, and in that time the virus will destroy the hosts' internal organs. That is unless one of them dies before the outbreak.

Before going into Mori's room, (Y/n) leaned down and hugged Elise. She held her tightly and reminded her that things were going to be positive in the end. Once the room, she saw the white curtains surrounding Mori's bed. She could hear his heartbeat monitor beeping at a steady pace too.

When (Y/n) pulled back the draped curtain, her eyes started to swell with tears she promised not to release. Mori was resting and he seemed to be completely unaware that he had a visitor. (Y/n) kept quiet as she sat on the edge of his bed and she extended her hand to Mori's. He was still holding his gut, which is where he had been stabbed. The bandages wrapped around his sides were stained with the cherry-color liquid (Y/n) used to want so desperately pour from him.

As she held Mori's hand, she used her thumb to thumb over his knuckles. "I never thought I'd have daddy issues," (Y/n) said with a forced smile. Her voice was starting to get shaky as she kept herself from sobbing. Her bottom lip quivered as she took in deep and slow breathes. "You know, it all makes sense now. The way you treated me. Was wanting me dead just a cover-up? You really just wanted me back, right?" As (Y/n) spoke, tears streams down her cheeks, and her nose and eyes were starting to get puffy and tint a light-pink color. "Why didn't you just tell me from the beginning? I wouldn't have been angry. I didn't even know the guy that I thought was my dad."

(Y/n) was now crying like a little girl. She used her free hand to wipe her tears from both of her glossy eyes. Right now, she was feeling too many emotions hitting her at once. Guilt for hating Mori ate up at her. Not to mention the guilt she felt for saying what she said to Dazai moments ago. "You didn't want me to become leader, because you knew how much danger I would put myself in. I read everything," (Y/n) sniffled. Mori continued to be unresponsive.

That was until (Y/n) released his hand only for him to take hers back into his. A gasp slipped from her lips when that happened, and now her heart was pounding with anxiety. When Mori peeked open his eyes, they immediately locked with (Y/n)'s, and a few tears leaked from his as well. "You will always be my little girl," Mori choked. "I'm sorry I wasn't a great father." When Mori started to cough, he released (Y/n)'s hand and held his gut once more. He was starting to sweat and doze in and out of reality, and (Y/n) knew that it was her cue to let him rest.

After his eyes fluttered closed, (Y/n) scooted herself off the bed and headed to the door. "I'm sorry I didn't give you the chance to be," she told herself. Once (Y/n) felt pieces together, she stepped out of Mori's recovery room. Unfortunately, she stepped right in the middle of a feud between the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency. Everyone had their guard up and they were ready to fight each other all at once.

"(Y/n), I'd prepare to face any one of these opponents," Doppo commented. "We have unfinished business to attend to." (Y/n) didn't budge. She stared to the right and examined the Agency, then looked towards the left and did the same to the Mafia. "Or we can go all at once? I don't mind either way," Chuuya mumbled. (Y/n) then walked further into the middle of the rivals. She extended her hands to him as she kept her eyes glaring towards the shiny, tile floor. "Are you all serious about fighting each other? Right the middle of this damn hospital?"

Again, (Y/n) looked at the mafia. She recognized the blonde woman and even made eye contact with her. The woman was known as Ichiyo Higuchi and she is classified as an assistant and bodyguard to Akutagawa. It didn't take (Y/n) long to figure out that the woman was indeed a spy, but what did she possibly want from her. Unless she knew that she was Mori's daughter, or even worse Akutagawa knew.

Before anyone from either of the organizations could answer, everyone from the Agency started to disappear one by one. Everyone glitched and fades away, expect for Junichiro. Like the Port Mafia, (Y/n) was taken by surprise. Although, she was more confused than stunned by his ability. "Kenji broke through the wallaby took the president," he informed her. "Fukuzawa and the rest of the members took off a while ago."

Akutagawa scoffed as he tilted his head towards the remaining rivals. "You sacrificed your life to deceive the ambush and give others the time to escape," he mumbled. (Y/n) then stepped closer to Junichiro and stood by his side. She was ready to defend him at any moment if one of the mafia mutts struck a sneak attack. However, Junichiro raises his hands in the air as if he was surrendering. "I haven't given up my life." "What are you doing?" (Y/n) whispered. The redhead then gave (Y/n) a sly smirk. "If we two alone fight then head-on, we would die. Face it, you aren't the only one Dazai protects," he chuckled.

Even though it was embarrassing to admit, Junichiro made a point. It's another reason why the Agency wasn't here in the first place. They alone knew they couldn't take on the ambush if Fukuzawa it Dazai wasn't here to join them on the battle.

"I want you to make a run for it," Junichiro whispered. "I'll keep their guard up, but you have to get out of here." (Y/n) glared at Chuuya, who was staring back at her. He was grinning as if he thought of a snarky comment he was holding back from saying to her. "Handing myself over to the mafia is a bit too late," she said out loud. "I already know the truth about myself."

In a matter of seconds, sirens echoed from outside the hospital. Everyone was on the fifth floor of the building, and from what (Y/n) could see the front of the place was surrounded. Men and women with guns started stepped out of the black cars and they rushed inside. "They aren't back up for us," (Y/n) told Junichiro. "They're here to protect Mori."

When (Y/n) and Akutagawa met eyes, he unleashed his ability. (Y/n)'s hands were gripped in the rashomon's hold. She then was dragged across the ground and raised back up to meet the pale man's gaze. "Clever little girl. We are here to protect Mori from you," he said.