22 ; the day that was

Start from the beginning

Klaus slouched down against the armrest, muttering how Five had a point. He sat back up, looking over at Klaus loopily.

Five ended up persuading Allison after she found out he'd gone out of his way to find out her daughter's name.

"Klaus, you're with me," Diego said, but Klaus said how he needed to pass, feeling under the weather.

"Fuck. This is not going how it did last time," he said as he and Ben followed Klaus.

Ben frowned at him. "So what did happen last time?"

"Diego tied Klaus down to sober him up. It worked and he saw Dave, the guy he lost. Diego saw your mom, she was alive again. I'm ... not entirely sure how that worked out, but it did. And then time got rewound and here we are."

Ben only looked a little bit concerned. "And how are we supposed fix it so it ended that good for Klaus?"

"How are we supposed to keep track of them, stop Luther from doing something stupid, stop Diego from doing something even more stupid, but also manage to sober Klaus up so he can manifest Dave and get his closure?" Alex grimaced, angry. "There's only two of us, and we're both ghosts who can't physically interact with the rest of the world."

Ben nodded his head once. "Yeah. Sounds like we're fucked this time around."

They both appeared above Klaus on the next floor up, and both leaned on the railings. Klaus was trying to get Luther to tie him up. Luther was drunk and wanted to talk to his dad.

"You'd think Luther would help Klaus sober up, instead of drinking his pain away." Ben said, watching the two interact.

"Luther really can't handle Reggie being a shit father to him, huh?" Alex said, looking over at Ben. "Did he really think your dad was good?"

"In his own twisted way, I think so," Ben said after a moment. "Twisted asshole that Dad was, he fucked up Luther the most."

"Shit." Alex watched the two, and they both realised Luther was trying to get drugs from Klaus. When that didn't work out, he was determined to get them himself.

🗡️☂️🔥

"How did you lose Luther? He's too big to lose,"

Klaus looked offended. "Excuse me, Alex, but you and Ben are here, so you two are extra eyes, who, seemingly, are shit at being extra lookouts for the big guy."

"Pardon us, but we're dead. It's not like we can appear next to Luther and just pop back and tell you where he is."

The unamused look Klaus gave him was probably justified. Regardless, Klaus wasn't looking too well. He was slowly being covered in cold sweat, arms and legs shaking from the urges to take more drugs. It was a battle that Klaus needed others to help him get through.

"You can do this, Klaus, Luther needs you."

Klaus came to a stop. "I just ... oh, I just. This is, this is pointless. I - ah, I'm going home. I have to go home, I'm so dope sick."

Ben moved in front of Klaus, not like it was going to really stop Klaus if he was that adamant on going home. To prove a point, Klaus walked through Ben's body.

"You need to keep trying! Help Luther," Ben called after Klaus when he'd started to walk away from both of the ghosts.

"You know he's gonna get himself fucked up from this, and you know it'll bother you not to be able to rub it in his face tomorrow morning." Alex told Klaus.

Klaus stopped, then turned on his heel and looked at the two of them. "Oh, fuck. We have to find him. But maybe this could be a good thing -"

"No, it's really not," Alex said.