➳ i loved you like an alcoholic - army/aloha

.
.
°

Heavy humid night.
Corner of Park and Main

The blinding performance of day was coming to a close, cool dark blue curtains being drawn over the dawn to make way for the night. It was going to rain soon. The air hummed with moisture. It felt heavy. The orange inkling couldn't help but rub his sleepy eyes. He sat at the comfy corner seat at a table in a 24-hour coffee and donut shop, sipping pure black caffeine from the cup that he held to his lips. The other two S4 members had already left since the meeting had concluded. Aloha hadn't attended, but honestly, what did Army expect? He was Aloha. It had been almost thirty minutes since the meeting ended, but Army would wait. They were friends now- they talked about things, they stayed up late for one another. And, even if they got bored or annoyed with eachother sometimes it wouldn't matter as much. 

Besides, Army wanted more coffee.

The wind chimes over the oakwood door tinkled noisily against the calming quiet of the mostly-empty store. Entering through the doorway; A golf visor, crazy arrows,
a light blue hawaiian shirt.
A grin on his stupid face.

Cast that first glance: your smile, my veins

" Ar~ my~!🎵 "

at maximum capacity, blood pumping so fast

The shorter inkling was so startled he almost spilled his coffee. Army covered his flustered face with his free hand, the other gripping the cup handle. He sighed as he watched the other boy make his way towards him. Aloha strutted in like everything was perfectly fine. He walked in there with his outrageous rainbow shoes like he owned the place and sat down at Army's table with a smile that seemed to ignore the fact that he missed the entire meeting.

Army didn't speak, so Aloha propped his elbows up on the tabletop and cupped his face in his hands. They kind of just looked into eachother's eyes a little, the pink squid leaning on his right palm. He withdrew one hand from his cheeks to tap his fingers across the surface rythmically. Still looking at Army, the same shit-eating smirk from earlier found it's way onto his expression. The color of his eyes were like the soft pink clouds that showed up in the sky sometimes, crowning the sun on the horizon during dawn and dusk.

My girl, if looks gave heart attacks

The orange boy made an effort to fake-cough. He raised his chin up, put his empty coffee cup down decisively and firmly crossed his arms. Then he finally said something;

" You are very, very late. "

Aloha, still grinning as he leaned on his elbow, decided that his nails were much more interesting and thus dismissed the comment. His voice still carried that careless, sing-songy, playful kind of tone. It made Army's heart feel like running a marathon. From anger or something else, he wasn't sure. The taller inkling paused from observing his pale pink nailpolish and took a second to reply.

" Maybee I caaan~... make up for it somehow?
I'll buy you coffee and then we'll go on a walk. "

The sparkles that appeared in Army's eyes when he said the words 'coffee' and 'walk' was really cute to Aloha, but he couldn't help it; maybe it was mean, but he loved bursting Army's bubble.
Even if it was a very adorable bubble.

" ...Really? That's so- "

" -Boring! "

Aloha grabbed a fistful of his own shirt and busted into a fit of laughter. Army just looked significantly angrier and a lot more upset. He became aggressively quiet again and just sulked like that until Aloha finished laughing and apologized.