Chapter 75: Hidden Love Songs

A/N: New additions to Frozen III: The Queen and I's Official Soundtrack:

La Vie En Rose - Louis Armstrong

I'll Never Love Again - Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper (From A Star Is Born)

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Can you please tell me what are these?"

Elsa gently handed her husband a red, leather covered notebook with a few, scratched out papers containing musical notes and lyrics right above them, the written ink already in a fading state since it's been kept in Aiden's drawers for far too long.

The fire king smiled at the items and delicately took the scribbled papers to his grasp, examining the contents carefully before replying, "Ah, my composed songs. I almost forgot about these, thanks to those damn paper stacks Kai just loves to give me."

"Blame the neighboring kingdoms, not Kai," Elsa chuckled, "And you hide love songs?"

"Hide is such a strong word, dear. I didn't hide Can't Take My Eyes Off You."

"But the others.. You haven't sung any of them yet. I wouldn't want beautiful pieces of art fading away in time."

"These? Pretty?"

"You don't give yourself enough credit. The lyrics and the titles looked promising."

"Well, if it's my wife who said it, then I believe it. But still, they're just a bunch of love songs stuck in my drawers."

"Love songs? Dedicated to who?" Elsa giggled, smirking at her husband teasingly, "You flatter me so much it's unhealthy."

"Is it wrong to compose songs about the goddess I'm married to?" Aiden smiled against her skin lovingly, bringing her closer to him, "They're all about you, darling."

"Mh, I have to repay you for these sometime," Elsa pursed her lips, then grinned, "But first, why don't you sing them to me?"

"I-i don't think I can.. I'll probably end up off tune." Aiden smiled nervously, "Even La Vie En Rose is a bit too strong for my vocals."

"Please?" Elsa pleaded, "I just.. The feeling's so new. No one has ever written anything about me. I'm sure I'll love your work. Please, lover?"

Aiden sighs and nodded in defeat, a sly smile playing on his lips, "Alright. We only have a day left alone before the rest returns. Why don't we go to the piano and try these out?"

Elsa's eyes lit up with bright excitement, "Let's go!" She beamed, intertwining her hand with his own. The two of them sprinted excitedly away from the office, Gerda passing by with an amused expression. The queen usually seemed reserved, but seeing her skipping down the hallways like a little child ready to receive her newest toy is quite a brand new view.

The room Aiden had gifted for his wife is never left untouched. It's been doing what it needs to do with more ways than one, (like calm the ice queen's nerves from causing an eternal winter in the council room) and he had always insisted the room's for her and her alone, but at the end of the day, they'll end up cuddling on the sofa in front of the water spirit's sculpture.

"Which one do you like the most?" Aiden asks curiously, taking a seat in front of the piano.

Elsa smiled softly, "I love the last one I saw from one of the papers."

Aiden lightly patted the vacant seat beside him, beckoning for her to relax, "Please, take a seat. I want you to be comfortable."

She complied with his request and sat closely beside him, her blue eyes urging him to start playing already. Aiden chuckled at her rushing and pressed a long, lingering kiss at the side of her neck, before settling the paper in front of him so he can clearly see the musical notes written on the paper.

He took a deep breath before he shakily began to play, his soothing voice beginning to sing the melody he wrote down right after his wife's near death experience from giving life to their twins.

"Wish I could... I could've said goodbye. I could've said what I wanted to... Maybe even cried for you. If I knew... It would be the last time.. I would've broke my heart in two, trying to save a part of you.."

He thought of countless dawns in three am, thought of those nights where she would place a soft, sweet kiss against his cheek like a routine. The way she would brush their noses together five o'clock in the morning.

Those almost ended with an eventful night.

The day she gave birth also almost caused to give death.

"Don't want to feel another touch. Don't want to start another fire... Don't wanna know another kiss.."

He closed his eyes swiftly, as he dragged himself back to that moment where the surgeons pushed him out of the infirmary, his loud pounds on the oak door marking the abundant pain in his chest because he didn't even had the chance to say goodbye to the person who made him realize what living is.

Because of her, living didn't become a tragedy.

"No other name falling off my lips, don't want to give my heart away. To another stranger.. Won't let another day begin.. Won't even let the sunlight in..."

He made contact with those depths of icy blue again, which were now filled with brimming tears. She rested her head against his heaving chest, and from that moment she knew he was going to burst, too.

It took her two sobs to breathe those brief but beautiful three words out, took her a chaste kiss on the side of his head and his very lips to whisper words she had wanted to say but never got to before.

"No, I'll never love, again." He softly sung, his fingertips tracing her platinum blonde locks gingerly, "Never love again.." He sighed, brushing his lips against her ear, his other hand releasing the piano keys and pressing her head on his shoulder to muffle out her cries.

Taking out her hanker chief, she laughed tearfully, "I didn't ask you to make me cry."

Brushing his thumb against her lower lip, he chuckled to himself and allowed to let a lone tear escape his eye, saying, "And I didn't deserve you."

Elsa paused and smiled, burrowing her fingers in his hair, "But we deserve each other more than we know."

And she was utterly correct.